We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus includes six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
The Graphics & Data Support Shift team is at the cutting edge of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT cultures on Sky's high profile broadcasts. Working on Sky flagship channels such as Sky News and Sky Sports News, as well as High Profile shows such as Soccer Saturday, Monday Night Football & SoccerAM. The shift team work on wide ranging technologies from Windows 7 Administration to High End Graphics Software such as VizRT, Chyron\/Hego, installing, configuring, supporting and maintaining. No two days are the same in fast paced & exciting broadcast environment.
- - Provide technical assistance when required to meet the task deadlines for ongoing planned activities and for unplanned 24\/7 support requirements.
- - Oversee internal ticketing system and ensure that all open cases are being followed up and users\/requesters are kept up to date
- - Ensure system documentations are up to date and relevant
- - Ensure that tasks allocated are carried out to a high level in an appropriate time frame.
- - Ensure that tasks are always coordinated properly for the hand over and hand back of live systems, to ensure that systems are fully operational before returning to live use.
- - Ensure adequate follow up of incidents to prevent repetition of any faults and improve future system availability and team response.
- - Escalate to relevant department if required; provide feedback from the department on resolution of incidents.
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in situations where competing interests exist within the departments and with third parties
- Experience within a digital television broadcast environment or similar technical environment.
- Experience of providing successful technical solutions through to BAU Operation
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills
- Sound customer service, motivational and Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Windows 10 Installation & Administration, Remote Administration, IIS and web hosting technologies, PowerShell & VB scripting Skills
- Active Directory Understanding, Knowledge of Windows Patch Management
- A good understanding of Networking to debug network issues
- Knowledge of Real Time Renderers such as VizRt, ChyronHego, Unity, Unreal Engine & Cloud Technologies such as AWS & Azure
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.