International Compliance Manager Job Code:
1121284 Skill Band:
Complaints, Legal & Compliance Location:
United Kingdom - London Type:
Permanent Date Posted:
15 Mar 2019 Manager, International Compliance One Lime Street, London About Us
All leadership roles within Lloyd's have an integral part to play in the achievement of the Strategy and will contribute overtly to:
"Lloyd's becoming a brand that is globally admired and recognized and respected for its reputation as the world's specialist centre for (re)insurance. Lloyd's will be known around the world for its integrity and will be a place where talented, diverse and socially responsible employees feel proud to work."
The Compliance department plays a vital role in sustaining Lloyd's relationships and credibility with UK and international regulators, setting standards for the Lloyd's market as a compliant and ethical (re)insurer and protecting Lloyd's Brand and reputation.
The role of Compliance is to mitigate the risk to the Society of Lloyd's of legal or regulatory sanction, material financial loss, or loss of reputation as a result of the Corporation or Market's failure to comply with laws, regulations and other administrative provisions.
This leadership role will practice and promote the principles of inclusive leadership and respect the value of diversity. The Role
A key focus in 2019 for the Compliance Function is to ensure Compliance standards across the Corporation meet an acceptable minimum standard. The International Compliance Manager will provide capacity for the UK Compliance Function to liaise with compliance teams in different regions working closely with other teams in the UK Compliance Function, International Regulatory Affairs (IRA) and Government Policy and Affairs (GPA). What Will You Do?
What You'll Need
- This role will work with IRA and GPA to ensure regulatory changes that should be reflected in Lloyd's oversight and compliance activity is identified and appropriate action is taken to implement those changes by the relevant teams.
- Support the management and mitigation activities of International regulatory and compliance risk
- Contribute to the leadership and management of the Compliance department, supporting the delivery of Lloyd's strategy and goals.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining our regulatory and risk horizon scanning process.
- Support the strengthening of Lloyd's compliance culture.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure briefings for regulatory meetings are up to date and reflect changes in regulatory requirements in the International arena.
- Lead on the development and maintenance of effective working relationships between Lloyd's international Compliance teams and the UK Compliance Function.
- Be the point of contact for all overseas offices as per Lloyd's regional model.
- The role holder is expected to contribute to an open and transparent culture of risk management and demonstrate a strong awareness of the risks that should be managed within the responsibilities of the role. The role holder is also expected to deliver responsibilities in line with all relevant risk appetites, policies, reporting and when applicable, input to Lloyd's risk committees.
- Mentor, coach and support more junior team members to ensure they fulfil their potential and acquire the necessary skills for their jobs and careers, promoting their training and development.
- Make a significant contribution to ensuring there is an effective framework in place to identify and manage regulatory risks, reporting to Lloyd's Risk committees as appropriate.
- Support the identification of systemic issues and highlight those issues to internal stakeholders and the market as appropriate.
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
- The ability to work individually with little supervision or as part of a professional team.
- Project management and organisational skills to deliver effective projects and workstreams within deadline.
- Clear and concise written and oral communication.
- An excellent "risk radar" and effective detection/risk escalation strategies
- Good information technology skills.
- A flexible approach to work assignments and the ability to cope with and be supportive of change in a positive and constructive manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, credibility in influencing, negotiating and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, e.g. Corporation colleagues, including overseas based staff, regulators, members of Lloyd's committees and other key internal governance groups.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure, handle a diverse range of priorities and tasks and difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- The ability to motivate self and others.
- A supportive and approachable management style.
- Coaching and team-building skills.
- Sound judgement and decision-making.
- Good knowledge of UK and International regulatory frameworks
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of insurance and reinsurance business in the UK and around the world, including a sound understanding of legal frameworks, risks and requirements;
- Knowledge of Lloyd's insurance transaction process, market practices, the dynamics of Lloyd's and business processes;
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and management of effective risk management frameworks and operating risk control processes.
- Knowledge of the dynamics and players in the international insurance business and markets advantageous.
- A good understanding of, and alignment to, Lloyd's strategic objectives and priorities.
- A proven track record managing issues, dealing with conflict and disputes in a facilitative and open manner and the ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to unique and complex problems.
- The ability to analyse, understand, manage, develop and implement solutions and processes involving complex issues.
- The ability to lead project teams of professionals on complex issues and building collaborative teams across organisations.
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email email@example.com
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: