One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
Investment Management (IM) Operations supports the equity, fixed income, liquidity and alternative businesses for Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), providing middle-office services including portfolio manager support, client services, portfolio transitions, market registration, product data and performance and attribution analysis. MSIM Operations also provides mutual fund support, derivative processing, and counterparty and credit event management.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management is a leader in the global investment management business and its Operations Group serves the Firm's portfolio managers and associated teams by providing high quality support through excellence in processing, reporting, and management of strategic initiatives.
The International Derivative Operations team is part of the Global Derivative Operations Teams and is responsible for Derivative Operations across Europe and Asia Pacific. The core functions of the group include: Derivative Trade Support for London and Asia Pacific Trading Desks, Regulatory Trade Reporting, Global Reconciliation, Central Clearing, Intra-day Margining, Client Reporting, Internal Board Reporting and Counterparty Risk Exposure Monitoring oversight.
Reporting to the Derivative Operations Manager in London the candidate will be supporting the teams core Run-The-Bank functions which include derivative trade support and Regulatory Trade Reporting. Key responsibilities will include affirmation / confirmation of listed and OTC derivatives, regulatory reporting to trade repositories under various jurisdictions, client and board reporting and then on-boarding of new clients. The role provides the ideal candidate an opportunity to gain front to back exposure in the world of F&O and OTC swaps space and be at the forefront of regulatory change.
- Derivative Trade Support for Fixed Income, Equity and Asset Allocation Investment Teams
- Process Swap, Futures and Option trades executed by London and Singapore Trading desks
- Liaise with Fixed Income and Equity traders to resolve trade discrepancies
- Liaise with clearing brokers, fund accounts and third party vendors to resolve trade related issues
- Work with Portfolio Services, Collateral Management and Fund Administration teams to resolve any post trade issues
- Partner with I.T, Client Service, Client Relationship Managers, External Vendors, Legal and Compliance to set up New Clients / Funds for EMIR and ASIC Trade Reporting
- Prepare and send derivative trade, valuation and collateral data to Registered Trade Repository in timely manner
- Ensure trades reported under EMIR and ASIC are complaint with regulatory rules and guidelines
- Assist Transition and Client Relationship teams with the on-boarding of new clients
- Prepare and produce monthly and quarterly management company and board reports
- Prepare and produce monthly regulatory client reports
- Escalate requests from internal and external clients and prioritize in terms of importance and feasibility
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred)
- Proven investment management operations experience preferred
-Strong organisational skills and an orientation toward strict attention to detail
- Good derivative product knowledge both OTC and Exchange Traded preferred
- Some derivative regulatory knowledge preferable (EMIR, Dodd Frank, ASIC and MIFID II)
- Demonstrated success working in a high volume, high intensity environment and an ability to get closure on issues promptly
- Proven record of collaborating with colleagues across geographic and functional boundaries
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel / Access
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.