SNC-Lavalin Atkins is a leading provider of consultancy services to clients who are seeking to improve the efficiency, capacity, safety and value-for-money of their railway assets. Our Rail Infrastructure Systems business is one of six core Product Businesses within our Rail Consulting Practice and is an essential component of offering whole system, whole lifecycle services to our clients. We offer rail systems solutions across route and track, signalling and power engineering, complemented by rail construction management and civil engineering capability. Our assignments cover the earliest project stages of feasibility, concept planning, tender evaluations, through the design, build and implementation process and onto through life engineering support.Job Description
SNC-Lavalin Atkins Route Systems team is experienced across all phases of the project lifecycle working from project definition, through feasibility and development, design, project and construction management.
We specialise in buildings, structures and track in a rail environment and are conversant with the particular challenges of delivering complex civils construction schemes in an operational railway context. The typical types of schemes we undertake are station and depot developments both refurbishment and new build, and trackside civil engineering.Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
We are seeking a Civil Design Engineer to join our expanding Route Systems team, based in London. The team currently provides civil and structural engineering design services, alongside project and construction management. Reporting to the Design Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
Essential Experience & Skills
- Work alongside Senior Engineers to produce feasibility, outline and detailed civil and structural engineering drawings and associated calculations;
- Preparation of quality and professional reports, calculations, drawings and specifications in a timely manner and to agreed budget;
- Ability to self-check drawings to ensure accurate interpretation of Engineer's requirements and to minimise rework;
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues in other teams;
- Comply with Quality, Safety and Environmental legislation and procedures;
- Embrace our company values of Safety, Integrity, Collaboration and Innovation.
The key requirements, experience and skills for this role are:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering (Essential);
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a civil engineering role (Essential);
- Proficient in the use of Microstation and AutoCAD (Essential);
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly (Essential);
- Knowledge of Network Rail and London Underground processes and standards;
- Able to take a flexible approach to delivering projects and enjoy undertaking a wide range of engineering tasks in a busy team environment;
- Desire to undertake further learning and professional development, with support given by senior members of staff to allow the candidate to work towards an appropriate level of membership with the ICE.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers' expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.