The EY Foundation is a charity and a company, limited by guarantee, established in 2014. We were founded by EY, the professional services firm, which continues to provide funding and donations to the charity.
We are governed by a board of trustees, who are work with a number of committees and management teams.
The EY Foundation helps young people, disadvantaged in the labour market, to fulfil their work potential. We are unique in our position as the link between employers and young people, having strong relationships with both.
Our work involves designing, developing and running our own services: Smart Futures, Our Future and Accelerate, as well as raising independent funds to work with new initiatives and reach more young people across the UK. We work with organisations from across all sectors, including commercial, not-for-profit, education and government.
As an independent charity we have to diversify and raise our own income through traditional fundraising, grants and, increasingly, through the development of our work with corporate partners.
Within the Foundation we adopt flexible roles that reflect the dynamic nature of our charity and enable our people to learn, develop and grow their skills and open up career opportunities. This is part of our investment in you.
This role profile provides an outline of what will be involved in your role rather than an exhaustive list of duties. Both you and this role will naturally evolve.
In your role you will be expected to demonstrate or develop leadership competences based on the Foundation's four key values. They are:
Growth mindset - increase our impact on more young people through dedication, innovation and hard work
- Empower people - everyone is given the opportunity to develop and to succeed
- Courage - use new learning and diversity of thought to challenge the status quo, embracing lessons learned even if a project misses its targets
- Collaboration - build relationships - internally and externally - to discuss ideas, embed an inclusive approach, and achieve bigger outcomes.
Whatever your specific specialisms, as a Technical Lead you will be customer and delivery-focused, structured and organised in your approach to your work. You will be adept and creative in resource management and an expert in your specialist field. You will be a clear, proactive communicator and highly engaged and mutually collaborative in your work and that of your colleagues. You will take personal ownership of your work and will be proactive in your own development.
. Your key duties
Qualifications: Skills and attributes for success
You will manage the operational development and delivery of our new care to employment programmes nationally across all hubs, ensuring we deliver exceptional programmes for young people, leading on all aspects of programme management, in line with the EY Foundation business plan and strategic targets
Utilise your experience of working with care experienced young people, or within the social services system to help manage and develop our relationships with local authorities and Departments for Children's Services
Work with referral organisations (local authorities, virtual schools, other youth providers etc) to recruit eligible young people
Line manage the Care Programme co-ordinator
Act as Progression Coach for young people who take part in the programme, providing ongoing pastoral advice
manage day to day accounts with employers, corporate partners and grant makers who are engaged with our programmes
Manage all project management and administrative tasks related to planning and delivery of the programme
Working with the Care programme coordinator manage the development of programme content/curriculum
Lead the recruitment, on-boarding and training of volunteers
Collect and analyse data and feedback and to evaluate the impact of the programme in line with the Theory of Change, drafting communications and reports as and when required
Become a Designated Safeguarding Officer at the EY Foundation and safeguarding/child protection for the programme
Support the delivery of other EY Foundation programmes where required
Provide assistance to the care programme co-ordinator with co-production workshops and delivery where necessary.
To qualify for the role you must be
- Experience of working with care experienced or other groups of vulnerable young people is essential
- Knowledge and experience of the social care system and how to help young people navigating the system is essential
- Experience of partnership working with multiple agencies is highly desirable
- Experience of managing pastoral and wellbeing of young people is essential
- Good level of Knowledge on social care policies and best practice is essential
- Excellent project management experience, including managing people and resources
- Delivering against a portfolio of projects/tasks effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Ideally, you'll also be
- Good knowledge of both the potential and challenges that young people with care experience have in relation to their transition into work
- Awareness of the landscape, policies and current agenda in relation to provided care experienced young people
- Delivering excellent customer service, to internal or external customers or service users
- Working in a delivery-focused organisation
- Developing professional or technical qualitative improvement
What we look for
- Ability to foster positive relationships with a range of people
- Previous line management responsibility
- Strong and evidenced commitment to diversity
- Strong commitment to improve the working lives and prospects of disadvantaged young people in the UK
You will be customer and delivery-focused, structured and organised in your approach to your work. You will be adept and creative in resource management and an expert in your specialist field. You will be a clear, proactive communicator and highly engaged and mutually collaborative in your work and that of your colleagues What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Please note
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here
. We ask because it matters! If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.