Posted on June 3, 2019
PQE: 4 years+ Term: Permanent Practice group: People, Reward and Mobility Location: United Kingdom Purpose of role
An excellent opportunity has arisen within our People, Reward and Mobility department for a Senior Associate/Associate, who is 4 years+ PQE. You will maintain client relationships, contribute to business development and thought leadership, raising your own profile and supporting the continued growth of the pension practice. The team acts for many recognised organisations, including private or public companies, pension scheme trustees, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and government bodies. These clients expect excellent levels of advice and service.
At Dentons, you will get involved with regulatory and trustee work as well as both contentious and non-contentious work. Our team works on the pensions elements of the most significant cross-border M&A transactions and work on behalf of an enviable client base.
The team cover a wide range of pension matters, including pension benefit changing exercises, pension fund deficits, restructuring, de-risking, merging and winding-up of pension schemes.
Key duties include:
- You will take the lead role on a variety of pension matters across a range of clients
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Contribute to business development
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team
- Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
Required experience, skills and attributes Desired experience would be:
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Extensive, in-depth knowledge of pension matters with 4 years+ PQE ideally both contentious and noncontentious
- Extensive, in-depth knowledge of corporate transactions
- You will ideally have experience of working with international clients
- You will ideally have experience of preparing and participating in pitches to clients
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
Desired personal skills would be:
- Dedicated to exceptional client service
- Excellent business development ability and demonstrates market focus
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
- Shows a strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
- Able to interact positively at all levels and be a good team player
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com
Diversity & Inclusion
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and encouraging diversity. This is right for our staff and for our business.
Our promotion of diversity helps us achieve our aims: by creating and maintaining a firm-wide culture of inclusion, the unique talents and potential of all our workforce can be recognised, encouraged and supported.
Diversity and Inclusion are becoming increasingly important to our clients and many now seek appropriate assurance that we match their own corporate aspirations in this regard.
We are proud that in the Firm's most recent staff engagement survey 78% of respondents felt that we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences and that everyone is given equal opportunities for career development.
We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org