Aviva UK are now looking for an Actuary to undertake the Stress and Scenario Testing (SST) analysis for the UKL Insurance Companies as part of our Actuarial Management Team. This team sits within the Chief Finance Actuary area and has a range of responsibilities, including Governance, Liquidity Management, Solvency Monitoring, Stress and Scenario Testing, With-Profits Rates and Existing Business Operations.
Sitting within a wider Solvency and SST team of nine, we believe this role will lead to attractive opportunities in Aviva long term, but also be part of a group resolving a general demand in the team and potentially work on our large Capital Monitoring and Forecasting project.
As this team is growing significantly, there are both fixed-term contract and permanent roles available. As Aviva introduced "smart-working" in 2020, the person in this role can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as they are comfortable travelling to our York or Bristol offices weekly.The role's duties & responsibilities:
Skills & experiences required:
- Produce analysis for a wide range of stress scenarios, considering impacts across a range of sub-funds, metrics and time periods
- Support the derivation and calibration for scenarios of varying severities, with reference to the risks faced by the business
- Produce stresses to set risk appetites for management of the solvency of the business
- Provide supporting information for a range of ad hoc SST queries from across the Group or from the Regulator, or to support proposals, such as dividend to Group
- Provide support to the Capital Monitoring and Forecasting Project, to improve the efficiency and granularity of the SST process and to enhance the insights gained from the analysis produced
What will you get for this role?
- Actuarial knowledge of Solvency II
- Robust commercial experience with actuarial Stress and Scenario Testing
- Background of liaising with stakeholders across levels, collating inputs working with a wide range of teams (CFA, AFO, Risk, FP&A, etc.)
- Ability to work independently while keeping informed of current issues and developments that may have a bearing on base or stressed solvency numbers
- Track record of communicating with a range of business partners, verbally and in writing, to ensure clarity of key messages
Working at Aviva
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant
* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Once you've applied please send us a separate email
stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 07393 808 287 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.