We have ambitious growth plans in our Products and Services team (P&S). Join P&S and you'll be joining a dynamic team. We will support you in developing your career in corporate tax offering you an exclusively advisory portfolio with access to an unmatched client base. We will provide you with a broad range of advisory opportunities from smaller inbound clients to huge multinationals. Your key responsibilities
You'll manage the successful delivery of international tax services engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence.
Build and maintain relationships with our clients and provide high levels of client service.
Spot opportunities and involve colleagues to help us continuously develop our commercial proposition to our clients.
Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients and engagements. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Strong and motivated team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Effective time management - ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
Ideally, you'll also have
- Background in corporate tax with some demonstrable advisory experience
- You'll have one of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
What we look for
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
You'll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of global developments in UK and international tax concepts and issues so that you can better advise our clients. In return we'll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you're in the best place to develop you tax career.
As a Tax Advisor with EY you'll be working on an exclusively advisory portfolio from day one with access to an unmatched client base, working with smaller inbound clients to huge multinationals. The types of project you'll contribute towards may include:
- Expansion into new markets
- Pre- merger reorganisations and post-merger integration
- Organisational structure rationalisation
- Business model redesign
- Optimisation of capital structure and financing
- Managing the risk arising from global law change such as BEPS
- Lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in UK and globally
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you're contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now. Qualifications: Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.