Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, and construction - and program - management. Our 77,000 employees in 400 locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country's most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That's because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune's 2019 World's Most Admired Companies...
Source - http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/list/filtered?industry=Engineering, Construction&sortBy=industry-rank
Business Unit Description:
Delivering safe, innovative approaches to managing high-risk, technically complex projects - from management and operations to innovative clean-up and environmental remediation. Jacobs ATN-I provides a complete suite of services and specialized expertise for an array of facility and infrastructure types that aim to optimise our clients' investments and meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- The role will be to support the Senior HVAC Engineer in the timely delivery of the design solution. Typical duties will include;
- Design Basis requirements specification/Basis of design;
- Interfacing with other projects within the plant area;
- Production of NFRs supporting design decision making;
- Support to Peer Assistance Reviews, Workshops and Design Reviews
- Pressure Loss Calculations/Pipenet Modelling;
- Supervise the production/update of Ventilation Flow Diagrams and Detailed Design Arrangement Drawings;
- Procurement and installation specification;
- Outline Installation Method Statement
- Commissioning/decommissioning strategy;
- OIMS/CDM Risk Assessment;
- Inspection and test plan/V&V plan;
- Available to travel to Sellafield site to assist with survey work as necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in appropriate engineering discipline and 5 years HVAC design experience within the nuclear industry or appropriate.
- Sellafield IT account.
- P1 / P4 Pass
- BC security cleared or minimum security requirement to allow for P1 / P4 application
Security Clearance is essential.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.