Colt Data Centre Services (DCS) offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data centre strategy is future-proof. Role Profile Role title: Senior HR Business Partner Colt Level: S2 Business Unit: Colt Data Centre Services Reports to: Head of HR Business Partnering, DCS Location: Colt HQ, Shoreditch, London Role purpose
Colt - DCS had benefited from significant investment in the last few years. As such, the role of HR is critical in enabling growth of the business to meet its full potential.
The Snr HRBP role will be focused on building and driving interventions that will take the business forward while contributing to the creation of a high energy, high performance team.
The Snr HRBP will provide strategic and operational HR partnering to a group of VPs, Directors and Managers across Europe, India and Asia. They lead the development and implementation of HR solutions, change programmes as well as people development and engagement activities. The role will have a focus on transformation and driving growth, capabilities and a sustainable long term organisational model that drives business results. Key accountabilities
Role specific requirements Experience
- Provides business specific inputs to the development and execution of the people strategy.
- Translates HR strategy into practical and effective HR solutions in conjunction with the Centres of Excellence and the business stakeholders.
- Develops implementation plans to support change management initiatives, including organisation redesign.
- Manages reorganisation projects (restructuring, offshoring, etc.) working closely with business stakeholders, local HR and finance to ensure the plan is on track and appropriately accounted for in Total Labour Cost and Total Labour Resource reporting as well as the restructuring provisions.
- Works closely with VPs, line managers, employees and L&D to ensure that we develop the skills and competencies that the business needs while allowing individual employees to have clear progression paths.
- Works with VP's and with L&D, to identify training needs and that appropriate programs are developed.
- Supports cultural change and development via internal communications channels.
- Works with business stakeholders to develop robust succession plans and follows up on the execution of development and retention activities for key talent.
- Drives a High Performance Culture and is recognised as a true business change agent.
- Manages other HR projects as required.
- Coaches line managers on complex people issues to ensure they are able to carry out their people management responsibilities effectively.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Oversees annual performance management cycle, calibration, talent management and succession planning initiatives.
- Works with VP's and managers to run and analyse data resulting from the employee engagement survey and develop and implement action plans to address opportunities.
- Experience as an HR Generalist, or Business Partner, within a diverse international environment, with broad knowledge across a wide range of HR disciplines and countries.
- Solid business and commercial acumen.
- Proven track record of delivering talent and/ or cultural development initiatives.
- Understanding of Talent agenda and talent acquisition specifically
- Experience of working in Start-ups or SME companies - a big plus
Skills and Aptitude
- Experience within the TMT sector.
- Project management skills or experience managing project led activity
- Experience in working within a matrix organisation with business units operating side by side with centralised, shared functions.
- Robust, resilient, approachable and diplomatic with the confidence to deal with challenging senior leaders.
- Commercially minded
- Can make sense of data
- A strong customer mind set when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, agile, able to drive things through
- Capacity to deal with a wide range of stakeholders with conflicting priorities
- Strong networking ability across the company at all levels
- Ability to meet deadlines and cope with pressure
- Able to demonstrate initiative, influence and problem solving skills
- Friendly and able to converse with people at any level
- High level of passion, drive and enthusiasm for HR
- Culturally astute
- Eager to develop and learn constantly
What we offer:
- Fluent in English - other EU languages a real plus
- Degree, or equivalent is desirable
- CIPD, or equivalent qualification is desirable
Colt DCS is a growing business that is investing in its people. Our people are defined by their ability to make things happen and deliver on their promises. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt DCS recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
Who we are
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
Colt DCS has a vision to ''to be the most customer centric data centre provider''. We have over 20 years' experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centres - hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centres across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centres across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
Privately owned, Colt DCS is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace