The Restructuring Team at Teneo
Teneo's global Restructuring business advises corporates, creditors and other financial stakeholders in situations of financial stress and distress. No two situations are the same. Our advice and approach is tailored to each situation and each client. At Teneo, we believe such occurrences present new opportunities for our clients. Opportunities to restore value, raise new capital, pivot in a new direction and ultimately, identify certainty amidst chaos. Teneo partners with clients to find viable opportunities that will protect and enhance value and help them to build strategies that will most benefit their business and/or investment goals. Integrating the disciplines of restructuring, financial advisory, management consulting, investor relations, strategic communications, government affairs, risk analysis and talent advisory, Teneo's global restructuring team guides companies and their stakeholders through periods of uncertainty and stress. We help address the challenges a business faces, whether that is targeted performance improvement to financial restructuring, or delivering a route to recover value, our focus is delivering certainty from uncertainty.The Role
Give your career the green light with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Teneo. Our unique culture and accessible leadership encourage personal initiative and reward innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender, or culture, you will make more of your career at Teneo.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Restructuring Services team. You will be working in the newly formed Treasury and Cash Management team on insolvency appointments managed by Teneo Financial Advisory in the UK.
We are seeking candidates with a financial and accounting assisting background, who are willing to develop new skills to support the cash management of insolvency cases. You will be responsible for ensuring that critical Treasury and Cash Management tasks are completed accurately, efficiently and on time. You will need to be flexible and adaptable and able to deal with peaks in work activity at short notice and able to prioritise competing demands. You will get the opportunity to work with many other team members and support them in managing their insolvency cases. Comprehensive training will be given in order for you to be able to complete this role.Key Responsibilities
Critical cashiering and banking functions:
- Performing regular reconciliations on all insolvency bank accounts including FX adjustments;
- Validating transactions, preparing and processing payments/receipts on the insolvency Transaction Processing System (TPS) and internet-based banking platforms, including critical supplier payments and payrolls
- Preparing, validating and importing of data onto the banking systems
- Filing of relevant supporting documents & invoices in our document management system and link to the appropriate transaction on the TPS system
- Assisting case teams with ad-hoc, treasury-related, case queries and treasury deposit investments
- Assisting with the Opening and Closing managing bank accounts on insolvency cases
- Monitoring and completion of diary lines
- Preparing Receipts and payment reports for case reviews; and
- Completing Transactions on TPS
- Review and validation of supplier/creditor bank details to prevent fraud and money laundering activities.
General responsibilities include:
Key Skills & Experience
- Learning and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant software systems and processes including IPS, TPS, document management systems and relevant banking platforms
- You will be reporting to the head of Treasury and Cash Management
- Acting with responsibility for your own caseload and as part of a wider cashiering team
- Providing support and assistance with all practitioner queries; and
- Ensuring all processes are dealt with within the relevant policies, guidelines and timeframes.
- Experience of working in the finance function of a corporate or professional services firm, in particular managing cash, banking and payment processing;
- A good understanding of double-entry book-keeping and cash book systems and accounting generally
- An ability to learn and adapt quickly with bespoke financial accounting systems
- A good understanding of generic software systems including MS Word, Outlook and Excel in particular
- Experience of banking processes and using internet banking platforms
- Client focused, ensuring high quality service at all times
- Flexibility to meet peak demands when required; and
- An ability to manage and prioritise workloads
With your proactive attitude, coupled with energy, motivation, and enthusiasm, you will thrive in this exciting, rapidly expanding environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a very challenging yet rewarding role.About Teneo
Teneo advises business leaders, enabling them to achieve goals faster by earning trust, navigating disruption, and removing barriers.
Our culture is critical to our success. We have a flat management structure, an open and supportive office atmosphere, and our smaller case teams mean greater responsibility early on. To support the progression and learning, we foster a supportive environment with a focus on Mental Health and Well-being as well as adopting an inclusive environment to allow you to strive & continue to be at the forefront of the market as well as offering competitive pay and reward.What can we offer you?
New joiners are supported by a week-long induction programme, and continuous improvement is achieved through a structured and tailored programme that suits your career development. Six-monthly promotion opportunities mean high performers can rapidly rise through the company
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including;
- Market-leading Salary
- 28 days holiday
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Extensive investment in personal development & learning
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave (depending on length of service) and shared parental leave
- Private medical insurance
- Group Income protection
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work schemes
- Regular social, cultural and charitable activities