This is a unique opportunity to join the BBC Datalab. In this challenging role, you will be key to enabling the BBC to create a better audience and colleague experience through the clever use of data. Datalab will be a central capability that spans the whole BBC (TV, radio, news, web) and builds on existing data work across the organisation. The role of Datalab is to tell a compelling story about the value of data and put in place the technology and capability that will allow other teams to move faster with data in the future.
Were looking for a seasoned Senior Business Analyst to be part of our growing team.. As part of the Datalab team, you will work with both Data Scientists and Engineers on projects that make content more personal for users, and systems more nimble for BBC team members.
We are looking for someone with a passion for working with data and systems. If you are excited by the idea having a big impact on BBC audiences, and have some experience with data products or personalisation at scale then please get in touch.
Youll also have the opportunity to engage with Product people and Business Analysts working on other BBC apps and services, tapping into the wealth of knowledge and experience of an organisation already serving? a vast global audience. Learning is an important part of the role, and youll have access to BBC Academy training programmes, the opportunity to present at conferences, and use other resources to progress as a Senior Business Analyst.
Are you the right candidate?
- The ideal applicant is a clear and rigorous thinker who can identify the details of how systems should and do work from a range of stakeholders across the business.? Building trust with the stakeholders will be important to the success of the team: this includes being a self-starter and identifying areas to raise our game across the entire team.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a deep knowledge of business and data analysis tools and techniques such as: requirements engineering, structured analysis and design, process mapping and component business modelling, business process re-engineering
- Applicants should be comfortable working with a relatively high degree of ambiguity. The easiest path may not yield success though, so comfort with hypothesis-driven and agile approaches are key.
- Applicants will need advanced written and presentation skills, with audiences being both technical and non-techincal. Applicants should have experience in helping to answer very technical and detailed developer questions, an output of which may include writing well formed tickets with clear acceptance criteria.?
- Applicants should be comfortable inspiring and supporting a team, along with the Product and Project Managers. We aspire to be a highly collaborative team, and demonstrated skills in this regard are important.
- ?Applicants should have experience in defining data mapping requirements based on the business requirements, solution design and implementation plan, to ensure that business information is accurately migrated and reconciled, prior to the implementation of any new project, process or functional change.?
- Applicants should have experience in data analysis, aligning data structure sources to enterprise initiatives, data set identification, refinement and visualisation. Mechanisms and techniques to surface insights, trends and data driven decision making from our technical data.?
Experience working with data science and engineering teams would be an advantage.
Location:London Were happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC whether thats to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here