Would you like to work on some of the world's most exciting projects?
Jacobs' nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world's largest fusion experiment.
We have offices in Knutsford and Warrington in Cheshire, as well as in Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria and Reading. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised. Our technical excellence and strong customer relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues and customers, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Jacobs is recruiting for a Quality Manager who will be responsible for Supporting the EDF Responsible Designer (RD) Quality Manager by the provision of guidance on UK context regarding standards on Quality, and support the ongoing development of the overall quality strategy and organisation. The Quality Manger will be accountable for management of the quality of contracts and ITT's, management and coordination of the quality aspects associated with the RD Supply Chain, management of non-conformities within the RD and contractors in which the RD is lead supporting entities and contracts. The Quality Manager will also support the management of the contractor/supplier assessment process.
- Review of contract scope and preparation of QA questions for inclusion in contractor Pre-Qualification Questionnaires
- Review of contractor PQQ returns, assessment of compliance with QA requirements and issue recommendations to the Procurement Manager
- Development of QA/QC ITT questions tailored to the contract for inclusion into the Tender Assessment Plan (TAP )
- Development of scoring criteria to measure the returns to aid differentiation between bidders
- Provision of input to the Technical Memorandum and to establish the most economic advantageous tender criteria
- Review of tender returns and determine compliance with bid QA requirements
- Provision of clarification questions on areas where assessment is weak or misunderstood
- Attendance at bidder clarification meetings
- Interface with NNB GenCo (Licensee) to support the audit and qualification of the preferred bidder(s)
- Action as applicable to ensure that the processes remain effective to deliver the needs of the business and the clients requirements.
- Support the development and review of key project quality documentation e.g. PHPC Project Execution Plan, PHPC Quality Arrangements Plan, PHPC Quality Plan, General Quality Assurance Specification (GQAS) and QRA guide notes
- Support the ongoing development of the RD IMS including RD Quality Plan, RD Project Instructions, and Interfaces Specifications in compliance with NNB GenCo contract requirements.
- Support the assessment of the RCC-M Framework document and the completion of the RD gap analysis
- Coordination of non-conformance arrangements including root cause analysis using 5W and Ishikowa's fish diagram. Categorisation of the NC impact and communication to the licensee NNB GenCo
- Experience of working on international multidiscipline projects
- Experience of the arrangements needed to meet Site Licence Conditions and specifically (LC17).
- Experience of the application of quality arrangements including those within the supply chain on a nuclear licenced site
- Knowledge of application of the GSR Part 2 and detailed knowledge of the use of ISO9001:2015, ISO 19443:2018, OHSAS18001 and/or ISO 45001, and ISO14001:2015.
- Experience of the use of nuclear codes especially RCC-M and RCC-E.
- Experience of working with ITPIA or other third party agents
- Familiarisations of the workings of a nuclear power station with PWR (EPR) being advantageous.
- Auditing the supply chain
- Ideally eduacated to HNC level together with an IRCA approved Internal Auditor qualification
- Ideally a member of the Chartered Quality Institute (QCI)
- experience/familiarity with requirements of ONR NS-TAST-GD-077
- experience/familiarity with requirements of NS-TAST-GD-049
- LTQR/records management experience.