What's in it for you
About the role About the Workplace Technology Team
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate.
- LifeAssurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service.
- Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service.
- Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy.
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank.
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
- Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes.
- Onsite discounted Nuffield Health Gym.
- Subsidised Canteen.
The Workplace Technology team is responsible for providing the right technology tools to enable Tesco colleagues globally to do their work effortlessly - delivering the best colleague experience, improve agility, productivity, and engagement. In essence, our role is to make the rest of our colleagues as awesome as possible through the brilliant delivery of usable Technology.
Sitting within Infrastructure, the Product families within the Workplace Technology team include; Colleague Devices, Collaboration, Colleague Identity and Workspace.
We are passionate aboutenabling our colleagues, partners and customers to communicate, collaborate and work effectively; and Workplace Technology provides the tools, systems and services that support this. You will be responsible for The Role - Product Manager, Workplace Technology
Ultimately, we are looking for an individual to support our Heads of System Engineering to develop, manage and report against a Product Roadmap; to ensure that we are delivering benefit to our stakeholders, improving User Experience, driving value and separating Tesco from its competitors by allowing our colleagues to work, collaborate & innovate in the most effective & frictionless way.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
You will need
- You will be passionate about technology and an experienced product manager with sound knowledge in one or more of the areas highlighted above.
- Good (and broad) technical understanding of Workplace Technologies - for example; desktop operating systems, collaboration tools, productivity suites, digital identities, email & cloud based file sharing platforms.
- Drive usage of the products that you own by understanding metrics and methods to nudge people in the right direction to make them as effective and efficient as possible.
- Have a proven track record of managing technical products across the complete product life cycle using the appropriate tools, techniques and strategies.
- Experience in setting, monitoring and reporting against OKRs (Outcomes and Key Results)
- Have a passion for end-user technologies and how they contribute to productivity in enterprise size organisations
- Engage with stakeholders globally and Heads of Engineering to formulate the vision, strategy and long-term roadmap for Workplace Technology.
- Be the evangelist and spokesperson for Workplace Technology across Tesco, working closely with the engineering team to ensure you understand the products.
- Remove impediments and ensure that the right product is delivered
- Work through dependencies across multiple products/ teams while constantly managing stakeholders expectations
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team break down complex piece of work into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Find solutions to complex prioritisation problems that drive Workplace Technology towards the product vision and align with the technical roadmap, while delivering business value early and often
- Use tools such as Aha and Jira to manage the entire lifecycle of Products
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Being a Team Player who works collaboratively with other members of the team and recognises and respects the importance and skills of other job roles (Engineers, TPMs etc)
- Able to influence and lead without authority at multiple levels within the organisation
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly
- Have excellent facilitation skills and can effectively facilitate requirement gathering/elicitation sessions with senior business leaders and stakeholders
- A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and can provide logical answers to complex problems.
- Using objective data and KPIs to drive value decisions - consistently challenging established thinking with concise insights backed up by information
- Use of clear and measurable prioritisation techniques to refine & groom your feature backlog regularly.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Great presentation & persuasion skills
- Proven success of having managed a complex technical product which led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders
- Proven ability of creating, measuring and reacting to key metrics to drive improvement
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice & methodologies.
- Understand the concepts of Identity and Access management. (Microsoft Active Directory)
- Experience in Office 365 and understand the products and service offerings.
- Ability to drive roadmap for technology products.
- Good understanding of Infrastructure and end user security.
- Good knowledge on communication and collaboration tools (Microsoft Teams).
- Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
- Act as the 'face of Workplace' throughout Tesco - represent Infrastructure at all levels, up to and including C-Suite
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious road map of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you!