As Privacy Manager within Hiscox you will run the UK privacy operations and join a growing global privacy team at Hiscox, proactively driving business change and supporting the growth of Hiscox. You will look after our employees and customer' data and ensuring we always act with honesty and integrity in what we do.
This role will see you implementing and enforcing business relevant process and practices to drive compliance with the group privacy policies, supporting on-going compliance with privacy legislation and guiding marketing practices. The privacy manager will support our UK business unit and functions, providing day to day guidance and advice whilst being supported by the Group DPO. The UK Privacy Manager will have one direct Analyst report and support data subject rights enablement with our operational teams.What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Head of Governance and Controls, you will provide privacy guidance to the UK business, from our underwriters to claims, marketing, UK IT and property services. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and drive the maturing data remediation programme, providing leadership and support to our teams throughout our change and project community to recognise, advise and develop solutions for privacy risks.
Primary tasks of the privacy manager will include:
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of Hiscox data protection and privacy policies, standards and guidelines, specifically with UK required standards and for UK business processes
- Building and guiding the work of a privacy analyst to support the business, complete tasks and develop privacy subject matter knowledge
- Support stakeholders to navigate complaint use of personal data within Hiscox for new products, services and changes to our business
- Ensure that our records and processes are kept up to date, such as our records of processing activity
- Provide ad hoc guidance and support for privacy queries
- Be the escalation point for UK customer queries on privacy and the exercising of their data subject rights
- Work with the training and learning teams to develop and enhance privacy training programmes, team workshops and communications
- Support the UK teams with the incident management process as needed
- Advise on marketing campaigns and compliant communication practices
- Champion the third party risk framework, providing privacy subject matter guidance to reviews of third party organisations
As the privacy manger, you will need to have expert knowledge of UK privacy laws and practices, including relevant legislation such as the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR).
You will already hold data protection qualifications, including the IAPP CIPP/E and/or CIPM.
Ideally you will have experience in managing privacy programmes and operations, previous privacy manager experience is not essential, but you will thrive in a challenging and complex environment, dealing with multiple and senior stakeholders.
Your experience will include the interpretation and operationalisation of data protection regulations in complex organisations, preferably within the financial services sector.
As a people manager with at least one direct report, management experience.
Our nice to haves:
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
- Legal experience and background
- Insurance specific experience
- Training design and delivery
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.
Person Specification:If you would like to know more about the role, or you are having any difficulties with the application process please send your CV and the four-digit job ref number to[email protected]