In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Job Duties
- Develop microservices, mailing using Java, Camel and Spring Boot.
- Follow the Architect and Technical Lead and agree the design and develop the solution, following development guidelines as appropriate.
- Perform Unit Testing for all coding and then provide support to any Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing as deemed appropriate by the Team Lead.
- Analyse business and system requirements and contribute to a solution design.
- Ensure that the Team Lead and other parties where appropriate, are kept up-to-date with progress and issues.
- Contribute to the management of the project by giving required input within the required timeframes
- Provide accurate estimates for the agreed specification to the Team Lead.
- Provide 3rd Line Support the day-to-day running of all Enterprise Services during office hours.
- Keep abreast of technological developments/ new products.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record and a solid background in Enterprise Java Development, Apache Camel and have worked on a microservices environment like Openshift. The candidate's technical ability is as important as their communication within a delivery focused team. The candidate must be familiar with Service Orientated Architecture (SOA)
Extensive knowledge and proven track record in project delivery using:
- SOA, Camel and/or microservices
- Enterprise Java
Tools and skills
- JMS, Web Services, FTP, BPM
- XML, XPath, XSD, Java Beans and CSV
- Oracle (PL/SQL), Sybase (TSQL)
- GIT, Subversion
- SQL, JDBC and Hibernate
- Ant, Maven, Continuous Build and Integration
- Code Coverage and Checkstyle
Exposure to and good understanding
- Investment/fund management or Institutional Banking
- Order Management Systems and Trading Systems
Practical implementation of
- Integrating of 3rd Party products.
- Personable individual with good communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable with dealing with IT and Business.
- Good analytical and written skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and articulate them.
- Attention to detail as well as being able to see the bigger strategic picture.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.