Don't just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
ICS (International Consumer Services) Operational Excellence aims to ensure that ICS has a robust first line of defence, playing an active role in supporting the Business to meet its business objectives and demonstrating an effective control framework. This is achieved through:
- Ensuring ICS can demonstrate robust first line controls and appropriate BST across key processes, new products & capabilities, third party relationships and other significant change
- Ensuring business leaders are accountable for and have clear understanding of control expectations, are kept informed of key priorities, and receive prompt and actionable escalation of material risks and issues
- Partnering with stakeholders (risk SMEs & 2nd line) to streamline and improve control processes, to enable faster time to market and appropriate balance of risk, control & enablement
- Ensuring the ICS Operational Excellence team is informed, empowered and enabled to deliver on our objectives, as well as creating a positive and energised team environment
In ICS Operational Excellence our ethos is to run an efficient and effective Operational Excellence framework, building strategic relationships and leveraging these to advocate for us and to add value to the businesses we support. We do this through fixing
issues & gaps, enabling
growth & change, preventing
issues and process breakdowns whilst sustaining robust controls.
The Third Party Management team operating within ICS Operational Excellence ensures appropriate oversight and management of our third party engagements, whilst ensuring risk exposures are appropriately mitigated
Reporting into the Director Third Party Management, this position will be responsible for:
- Identifying & implementing process improvement opportunities within the Third Party Management governance framework
- Developing strategies for appropriate risk management and due diligence
- Developing & driving key strategic projects through inception to deployment
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to drive successful outcomes
This role will require extensive collaboration: within ICS (Regional & Market teams) and with our partners and stakeholders including Global Supply Management (GSM), Legal, Compliance, Information Security, Operational Risk Governance Group, Internal Audit Group (AIG), as well as other Operational Excellence teams.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Qualifications
Why American Express?
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills including collaborating and influencing abilities with proven ability to operate successfully across the matrix, and at all band levels
- Proven program management skills and strong change management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and manage complex/large scale change initiatives sensitively and thoughtfully
- Risk management mindset, with the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to learn quickly, "connect the dots" with a strong track record of developing idea from concept to deployment and delivering win-win solutions for the business
- Demonstrates creative and highly collaborative approach to solving business problems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, alongside excellent analytical skills
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge of MS Excel, MS Project, MS Powerpoint and MS Visio
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).