If you are looking for an exciting, wide-ranging role helping clients to shape their business, this is the opportunity for you!
EY focuses on technology innovation, helping clients recognise impacts and opportunities presented with the evolving technology environment. We support our clients in navigating these challenges, enabling their business strategy through the application of technology and innovation, and expertise in major IT transformations. We enable clients to measure and improve IT effectiveness increasing the overall return on technology investment. The opportunity
We're looking for an experienced IT Technician to pursue an opportunity in our Newcastle team. You will be working with some of the most skilled professionals in your field helping develop bespoke systems and tools to meet the needs and provide support for more than 450 staff across three physical locations. You will be involved with a diverse array of work from business analysis, solutions development and delegating to junior reports. This role provides significant exposure and is suited to an experienced IT Technician looking to develop a breadth of skills and well-rounded experience.Qualifications: Your key responsibilities
You will take a leading role in the full development cycle, working with other members of the team to identify and utilise new technologies to improve process efficiency. This will include working with internal business customers to agree requirements before developing bespoke systems and tools to meet the needs of the department using applications such as; Word, Excel, Access, VB.NET and ASP.NET. You will complete routine IT operational tasks, produce reports using SQL, MS-Query and Power BI and provide 2nd line system support ensuring issues are dealt with in a timely and effective manner. Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent communicator both written and orally
- Attention to detail with a duty to high quality delivery
- Well organised and good time management
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- General Interest in IT and new technologies
- Good mathematics skills
- Ability to prioritise competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- Educated to A-Level or degree standard
- Solid VB. Net Commercial experience and working knowledge with SQL, Word, Excel, Access and ASP.NET
- Experience providing 2 nd line system support
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- An appreciation of internal customer needs and an ability to manage expectations
I deally, you'll also have
- 2 years' experience preferred but not essential
What we look for
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills
- The ability to deliver quality output in a timely and efficient manner
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from experienced, engaging colleagues who can share their expertise
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
" #LI-P "