UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including Financial Lines, Property, Casualty, Specialty Lines, Cyber, Multinational Clients and High Net Worth individuals.
The successful candidate will create, refine, and execute the current Commercial Property strategies; attain budgetary goals; and monitor compliance and regulatory issues.
- Executes strategic objectives for Property
- Executes product strategy across Property
- Monitor claims payments and loss ratios of the relevant portfolio. Identify and manage trends and implement corrective action as necessary.
- Builds and maintains strong broker and client relationships with Key identified UK Regional brokers
- Optimises Property e xpertise, scale and deployment within the Property UK Regions in line with market strategies
- Optimises team deployment to deliver strategic objectives in line with client and broker engagement models
- Contributes to the revenue and RAP targets for Property UK
- Underwrite within agreed decision making standards, limitations, and underwriting authority
- Provide guidance and consultation on underwriting issues. Act as a referral point for all accounts within authority. Ensure referrals are being handled in accordance with UK and AIG regulations.
- Ensure timely reporting of financial performance (including estimates )
- Day to day managerial responsibility for all local UK Region Property underwriting staff
Technical expertise and background
- Strong commercial property insurance background
- Strong local market relationships and broker network
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.