In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Job Duties
Lead LGIM Managers (Europe) Limited (LGIM MEL) Investment team across asset classes and strategies in order to formulate and implement product and investment strategies that fulfil client demands, maximise client retention and profitable growth with an appropriate risk framework. The role will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of investment outcomes for LGIM MEL client portfolios and LGIM MEL funds.
- This senior role will be responsible for delivering a solutions-based investment approach to our largest European clients. They will work with European distribution and Solutions Group colleagues to develop direct strategic investment relationships with our largest clients. As such, engage with those clients to better understand objectives and discuss ways in which LGIM can help them meet objectives through relevant strategy input and construction of portfolios utilising investment capabilities across the wider LGIM group investment teams.
- The Head of Investment will provide commercial and investment input on business development including new business strategy for our largest clients. A key person involved in bespoke new business and client meetings to advocate LGIM's investment capability.
- The Head of Investment will also have responsibility for designing strategy and for appropriate delegation of any day-to-day portfolio management of segregated mandates to entities in the LGIM Group. In particular, they will have responsibility for overseeing, with appropriate challenge, any delegated portfolio management services, to ensure mandates are managed in line with investment guidelines, relevant portfolio management policies and procedures.
- The Head of Investments will incorporate both regulatory PCF 31 function and sit on the LGIM MEL Board as an executive director. The Head of Investments will be responsible for a team of investment staff based in Dublin.
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of LGIM MEL's business strategy and be responsible as an LGIM MEL board member, alongside the CEO and fellow members, for the success of the LGIM MEL business
- Oversee the fund management of LGIM (MEL) client portfolios and ensure investment objectives are met
- Take overall responsibility for the current and future investment services provided by LGIM MEL business
- Take ownership for the overall investment management of the mandates contracted through the Company. This includes leading the investment managers in LGIM MEL in ensuring the successful delivery of investment outcomes for client portfolios
- Represent LGIM MEL externally to promote and enhance the corporate image of LGIM MEL as a successful investment management company.
- Provide commercial and investment input on business development including new business strategy for our largest clients
- Lead the engagement with underlying fund managers across asset classes and strategies - including equities, fixed income, index, LDI and multi asset
- Work with clients to determine optimal investment and implementation strategies as appropriate
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the current investment market and economic issues from a multi-asset perspective
- Maintain knowledge of LGIM's core views on markets, current fund positions and key performance drivers for communication to client relationship managers, distribution and clients
- Be the point of contact for technical specific client queries, leveraging broader LGIM Investment teams if required
- Be able to communicate complex analysis and sophisticated ideas in a concise and understandable fashion, both externally and internally, both in writing and in person to our clients which range in sophistication
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the investment processes and portfolio activity and positioning through regular interaction with investment teams.
- Review and interpret qualitative and quantitative analysis and management information to provide independent evaluation and monitoring. This covers the monitoring and review of daily and monthly investment risk and performance reports
- Understand upcoming regulatory changes their implications for fund management
- Support the Board of the Irish entity in discharging its responsibilities through the provision of reporting, insight and challenge on portfolio management activities in the relevant funds and portfolios.
- As part of the wider investment team, provide support to the operation of the team and contribute to the on-going development of the function.
- Strong academic background with post graduate qualifications preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge of financial markets, investment management and investment processes (including derivatives) gained through relevant experience in an investment analysis / portfolio management, product specialist, risk or investment governance role.
- Strong risk mitigation and compliance driven mind-set balanced with need to be flexible, adaptive and empathetic when dealing with senior professionals from across the business
- Effective and confident communication skills, such that outcomes can be achieved via a 'partnership style' approach with key stakeholders. An ability to exert influence, develop senior internal relationships and manage day to day conflicts will be important to the success of the role
- The highest standards of fairness, integrity and discretion recognising that they may periodically be in receipt of privileged information.
- Excellent numerical aptitude and Excel skills such that the individual can supplement supplied portfolio, risk and performance analytics with their own quantitative assessment
- An ability to deliver balance and objectivity in written and spoken qualitative assessments of performance and risk data, and investment processes.
- The ability to work without day to day direction is important and the role holder will take a proactive approach to the establishment of procedures, monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation.
- Understanding of investment management techniques and processes, ideally in an investment management context.
- Quantitative academic background
- Computer programming and data analysis skills preferable, but not essential
- Proven track record working in investment management, preferably in an oversight or front office role
- Experience of engaging with a broad range of stakeholders at a strategic level
- Experience of board engagement
- Previous experience of being involved in governance and oversight framework design (preferable)
- Project engagement and management skills (preferable)
- Strong knowledge of Fixed Income, Equity, LDI, Index products/business (preferable)
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you, ensuring that your work will be rewarded when you join us.