Colt Data Centre Services (DCS) offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data centre strategy is future-proof. Role title: DCS Procurement Manager - Energy and Supplier Relationship Management Colt Level: S2 Function: DCS Procurement / Finance Reports to: DCS Procurement Director Location: UK - Colt House, London Role Purpose
The DCS Procurement Manager - Energy and Supplier Relationship Management will be responsible for a dual and broad-ranging brief, covering...
i) conventional procurement support to the Energy and Sustainability team, whilst also
ii) helping to drive the procurement interface with key stakeholder groups and engage the
organisation in the development of an effective DCS Supplier Relationship Management
Within DCS the Energy and Sustainability team have developed a significant programme of work to help the company achieve step-changes in its energy consumption profile. These include reviews of energy usage and efficiency, developing improvements in global sourcing of energy and also in driving the company towards Net Zero carbon using science-based targets. This role will work closely with the Energy and Sustainability team to help undertake sourcing and supplier selection procedures, to run tenders and to help negotiate terms with suppliers. The engagement of suppliers in this category will also help to build a strong supplier base and identify potential preferred suppliers.
This role is also required to help develop further the initial steps DCS Procurement has taken to create a formal Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) programme. DCS has undertaken work to identify suppliers in key categories of plant, equipment and professional services; primarily in the construction arena. But DCS is evolving quickly as the company grows and now the time is right to engage an experienced procurement professional who can work closely with teams from Real Estate, Design, Delivery (construction), Energy and Operations to establish a firm foundation for improved supplier management going forward. The Procurement Manager in this role will work with each of these stakeholder groups to canvass opinions and understand their valid requirements, work with the team leaderships to ensure that supplier selection becomes more efficient and less time consuming and that a formal system of supplier assessment, performance management and commercial compliance is embedded within standard practice across DCS.
Reporting to the DCS Procurement Director, this role will call for a mature approach and a flexible mindset to ensure that stakeholders will see value in co-operating and collaborating with a properly managed SRM programme.
Working in the Procurement team, at our HQ in London, the successful candidate will be a great team player, be able to work with and effectively influence demanding stakeholders and be able to lead colleagues across a challenging, testing and growing business. Key accountabilities
Role specific requirements Skills & Experience
- Work with team members in the Energy & Sustainability group to help drive the procurement agenda as agreed with them from time to time
- Work with other stakeholder groups across the DCS business to ensure best procurement practice is embedded into all procurement tender events and activities
- Help to move the Procurement function into a more strategic arena with the development of the Supplier Relationship Management, adopting stakeholder requirements, best practices and effective tracking and reporting mechanisms
- As required undertake, detailed and effective commercial negotiations with suppliers to ensure best operating cost and benefit outcomes achieved for DCS
- Help stakeholders to adopt a Total Cost of Ownership view of procurement activities and to help demonstrate the benefits of effective procurement
- Provide expert Procurement advice and support to DCS colleagues, as required
- Negotiate effective commercial contracts with suppliers and consultants where required
- Lead both global and local sourcing processes, as needed, from requirements identification, supplier review and evaluation, contract development and through to contract signature
- Assessment through RFI of suitability of potential bidders for invitations to quote
- Run and manage RFx activity in DCS on SAP/Ariba
- Manage and promote the Procurement Governance and best practice policies and guidelines for effective management of operating and capital expenditures.
- Act as a subject matter expert on broad procurement issues.
- Proven procurement management experience across a broad range of technical categories. This could include Energy procurement, Facilities Management, Construction, Engineering or similar roles
- Ideally with a detailed understanding of the data centre or telco industry sectors.
- Track record in Strategic Category Management, able to effectively build and execute robust operational plans.
- Deep knowledge of Procurement / Sourcing Management and experience of applying these principles in practice
- Practical knowledge and experience of creating and negotiating commercial contracts
- Manage projects workload through creating practical plans and provide effective management and cost reductions.
- Demonstrate management of peaks and troughs in workload and balance of conflicting priorities and tasks.
- Experience of working in a team environment with the ability to influence and motivate complex, matrix teams both virtually and directly
- Experience of working under pressure and delivering against tight deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation and communication skills, internally and externally with suppliers
- Able to create a win-win environment with Suppliers and Key Stakeholders alike
- Understands Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) frameworks and is able to develop and utilise to advantage
- Experience of leading, working and delivering Procurement strategies through virtual multifunctional teams.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and quickly define Procurement requirements for key stakeholders.
- Able to influence and persuade across all levels of the organisation
What we offer:
- A strong Procurement Manager who combines outstanding executional skills with a strategic insight
- CIPS or Degree level (Business School) with Procurement and / or Finance experience
- Between 5 and 10 years post graduate experience
- Fluent in English
- Proven negotiation skills - internal and external
- E-Sourcing tools experience
- Stakeholder Management and comfortable working with C-level stakeholders across geographies
- Culturally aware and astute working in a diverse environment
- Deals effectively with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Planning and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks to deliver maximum positive impact on DCS's business.
- Self -starter that sets tasks with clear goals and outcomes that are over and above those expected
- Defines clear behavioural expectations for self and virtual team members
Colt DCS is a growing business that is investing in its people. Our people are defined by their ability to make things happen and deliver on their promises. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt DCS recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
Who we are
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
Colt DCS has a vision to ''to be the most customer centric data centre provider''. We have over 20 years' experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centres - hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centres across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centres across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
Privately owned, Colt DCS is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace