Morgan Stanley's Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors.
Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
The Client Money team is a daily regulatory requirement as enforced by the FCA, plus the European Approach as defined in MiFID II and is designed to protect client's money and assets on MSIP and MSESE.
The team is involved in a number of initiatives to improve processes and systems.
The team is structured along 4 functional areas:
- Production - performing the daily calculations, monthly Regulatory Reporting, stakeholder engagement
- Production Support - change management, project delivery, process improvement, new product approval
- Risk & Control - breach process, risk reviews, training coordination
- Governance - coordination of governance requirements, audits, FCA interaction, ad hoc requests.
This role is in the Production team at the associate level. The role is a challenging and rewarding one, providing opportunities to understand new businesses and processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Accurate and timely delivery of aspects of the Client Money calculations performed daily
- Client Money Framework delivery through targeted training, Control Validations and Stakeholder engagement.
- Identifying enhancements/process improvements, associate project work as required, testing of new changes to be implemented
- Interacting with the other teams in the Client Money team
- Liaise with the relevant Operations teams in Glasgow, London and various offices globally
- The role requires clear and effective communication, interpersonal skills and analysis. Some business knowledge of financial products is needed, which can be developed, however good communication skills, analysis skills and time management are essential
- The successful candidate will be well organized personally and need to be able to interact with people at all levels within the organization
- This role has no line management responsibility, but the successful candidate will need to manage the large stakeholder groups. They will also need to have the confidence to interact with senior people for signing off the results of controls testing, or when escalation is required
- Good communication is essential due to the nature of the role. This means clearly communicating what is needed, when answers are required, understanding the answers provided and being able to communicate the information effectively when an issue needs to be escalated
- The successful candidate will be a team player who works well face to face and remotely. The sharing of information is key to the success of the team
- Quick learner and desire to develop in the specialized role
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good IT skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to manage and take ownership for issues effectively and this will involve influencing skills to ensure issues are resolved effectively and at the right level
- Experience of dealing with regulatory issues, and in particular the CASS rules, would be beneficial, but is not a pre-requisite of the role
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1