The AUM monitors consumption, reports on and investigates trends and anomalies and identifies areas where reductions can be targeted.
The AUM assists and advises Top Level Budget Holders (TLB), Regional Heads and Head of Establishments on decision-making in relation to safe and efficient control of utilities. Specific input is provided for identifying Spend to Save opportunities. The AUM works with Senior Area Utilities Manager (SAUM) and Programme Management Office (PMO) to complete and prioritise TLB programmes, optimising investment and monitoring project delivery.
The AUM is a key point of contact (POC) for sites for all utilities related enquiries and also provides support and coordination for visits from engineers and contractors.
Waterloo Line, Warminster, BA12 0DJ.Responsibilities
The AUM is responsible for multiple sites where they not only conduct utilities surveys and identify improvements (cultural, behavioural and infrastructural) but establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders gaining buy-in and trust.
The AUM will also:
- Promote strong working relationships for Utilities management within Regional teams, the wider DIO, TLBs and additional stakeholders through effective communications;
- Understand the Utilities infrastructure on sites of responsibility, collate records and build portfolio of data.
- Participate in working groups (technical/behavioural/data) in agreement with SAUM and as directed by Regional Lead;
- Provide and support effective communications to all delivery and support teams within the Overseas & Training Estate Region regarding utilities management;
- Provide and tailor an energy management service in a dashboard format for the Site Infrastructure Monthly Meetings (SIMM) and additional utilities meetings;
- Provide and support effective behaviour change campaigns to all delivery and support teams within the UK Training Region regarding utilities management.
- Take the lead role in carrying out sustainability requirements in promoting policies promulgated from Utilities Team Leadership relating to Energy, Water and Waste Management.
- Promote the role of Utilities Initiatives; Sub metering, investment planning, EMP, Behavioural Change campaigns and Renewable Energy opportunities.
- Engagement and collaboration with site stakeholders to ensure requirements are met and current information regarding the environmental aspects are satisfied. Develop stakeholder management and analysis activities and engagement plan for area.
- Escalate utility concerns to Industry Partner and Region.
- Promote utility saving initiatives, monitoring progress and proposing energy projects with accompanying business case data.
- Actively seek to share and build on good practise across all stakeholders within all areas of the business.
- Identify Spend-to-Save (S2S) opportunities with the SAUM, Plans and Programme Team and Industry Partners. Requirements to bid for, agree and prioritise in the S2S programme. Optimising operational costs and supporting military capability to the best effect.
The AUM will undertake regular site visits to carry out actions including but not limited to the following:
- Assurance checks/compliance/audits
- Stakeholder engagement
- Building/ Energy warden training
- SIMM attendance/dashboard provision
- Establish and review TRIAD action plans
- S2S project identification
- Engagement with Site for Building Management System settings
The AUM will be responsible for the UK Training Estate covering sites across the UK (SE,SW,West, East, North England, Wales & Scotand/NI. The post holder will be required to travel to the sites within the designated area on a regular basis and will need to hold a full and valid UK drivers licence. Some sites have no public transport available.
The post holder may also be required to support sites outside of designated Area should the business require it and some travel will be required.
Individuals will be required to hold a set of Personal protection equipment (PPE) for use when visiting sites. PPE will be provided by DIO.
Driving Licence- some of the sites are in remote location with no public transport.
Previous Knowledge/experience of Energy/Utilities Management Estate/Facilities Management and behaviour campaigns.
Member of the Energy Institute
Member of the Energy Managers Association About our Team
The Regional Teams manage the delivery of DIO contracts and, where required, in-house facilities management and associated services. We support military users within the Overseas and UK Training Region and the delivery of long term PFI contracts across the UK. This is an exciting time to join DIO as under the Future DIO transformation programme the changes the DIO is MOD-s expert estate services business; with a culture of high performance and continuous improvement across the business. About DIO
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Under the Future DIO Transformation Programme, DIO will become the MOD-s professional estate services business and realise our organisational vision of providing a better estate, a better service and a better business. See more on Defence Infrastructure Organisation - GOV.UK
To find out more about us, take a look at the attached Quick Guide to DIO or you can view our YouTube video to see more about our work
To help achieve our objectives, we believe in six important values (Safety first, Collaboration, Integrity, Agility, Accountability and Enthusiasm) that underpin our vision and mission. These values equip us for the future and shape how we work together. These values are designed by DIO for DIO.Licences
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
We are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented and diverse people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Highly competitive pension scheme
- Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
- Alternative working practices
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years- service
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen-s birthday.
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Opportunity to join one of our many networks (Race, LGBT+, Gender, Disability and Faith & Belief)
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period for volunteer reserve commitments.
- Special Paid Leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
This post does not offer any assistance with relocation allowances.
Please be advised that the Department is conducting a review of all pay related allowances which could impact on those allowances that the post currently being advertised attracts.Things you need to knowSecurity
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check .Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles , and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
Please ensure that at the application and interview stages of the campaign you review the Success Profiles Framework to assist you in the demonstration of your skills and experience.
Your suitability for the role will be assessed using the Success Profile elements that have been chosen for this campaign. Each element will be scored accordingly, and the successful candidate will be appointed on merit.
At application you will be assessed against the following:
Delivering at Pace
Making Effective Decisions
CV: Job history, Full qualification details and Previous skills/ experience.
At interview you will be assessed against the below:
Communicating & Influencing
Changing and Improving
Sift will take place by 24th July 2020.
Interviews will take place within 2 weeks of the closing date.
Applications will be sifted on all Behaviours, but in the event of a significant number of applications, an initial sift will be conducted on the lead 2 behaviours: Leadership and Making Effective Decisions. In this instance the remaining behaviours will be tested at interview.
Due to the current situation we are in it is likely that interviews will be held via Skype or Telephone.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.Nationality requirements
Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here .Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles .
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.