About the Role
We provide our clients with a comprehensive view of strategic communications that leverages our integrated suite of services, including financial communications, corporate reputation, transaction communications and public affairs in all the major markets around the world.
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting is one of the world's most highly regarded communications consultancies. Within the London office, we offer a broad base of disciplines across a variety of specialist sectors including industrials and business services, financial services, retail and consumer, digital, natural resources, energy, public affairs, real estate, technology media telecoms (TMT) and life sciences and healthcare.
The Life Sciences team is a growing practice with high profile clients which concentrates on financial and corporate communications for the life sciences and healthcare industry including pharmaceuticals, medtech, healthcare services, digital health and diagnostics companies. The team supports a range of companies from fast-growing start-ups to multinationals across all their communications needs whether it is developing corporate communications programmes for global businesses, supporting a company's capital market needs and managing reputational issues.
Our Consultants are ambitious, innovative and passionate about using communications to shape the reputation of global businesses. Due to our expanding business needs and the growth of our Life Sciences practice, we are seeking a highly motivated, proactive Consultant to join our team in London.
We're looking for a candidate keen to gain corporate communications and financial communications experience in a professional environment but also someone who will contribute creative ideas and new skills to help keep our team learning and growing. This is a hands-on, client facing role where the candidate will be able to hit the ground running and help contribute to and continue our success.What You'll Do
You will play a fundamental role within the account teams, delivering high-quality work to an array of clients.
Responsibilities will include:
Deliver to Clients
- Add value to the team by conducting timely research assignments and supporting day-to-day client work
- Develop and draft written communications and materials to support client programmes, including social media content for corporate channels
- Develop media lists and conduct media pitching with support from the team
- Take initiative to follow up press releases with media contacts to generate coverage
- Handle agendas and status reporting for client meetings
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance standards are adhered to
- Manage team and client expectations and anticipate their needs
- Draft press releases and distribute to the London Stock Exchange and media and analysts
- Ensure client communications programmes are up to date and suggest fresh ideas
- Daily sector monitoring for team and client relevant news
- Help organise and eventually manage company financial results - organising analyst meetings, 1:1 media interviews, coverage reports, etc.
- Work and support team on transactions, e.g. M&A, IPO, etc.
- Support client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Anticipate potentially challenging situations and evaluate alternatives with senior team
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering superb and industry-leading work
Support Business Development
- Research new business opportunities and the market they operate in
- Proactively network with investors, media and potential client prospects
- Work alongside senior members of the team on business development activities such as pitch preparation and delivery
- Participate in new client pitches
- Support new business opportunities and produce fresh ideas
- Oversee development of pitch books to make sure tailored to new client
How You'll Grow
- Share ideas and client information with the team
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Participate in learning and development initiatives
- Develop relationships with other teams within Strategic Communications and FTI
- Team structure enables exposure and dialogue at all levels and on a huge variety of clients
- Become immersed in a close-knit, supportive team who socialise regularly
In addition to day-to-day client responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the team and broader FTI Consulting.
You will grow your skills through day to day interaction with your colleagues and your clients, receiving continuous feedback on your work whilst sharing knowledge and insights and shared experiences.
You will participate in FTI Consulting's learning and development initiatives which cover multiple areas including training on financial metrics, presentation delivery and building your understanding of the media.
FTI Consulting provides a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential. FTI also runs a mentoring programme.Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- An understanding of the media and how it operates
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media
- Exceptional research skills and attention to detail
Preferred, optional, skills
- A financial understanding and knowledge of how the 'City' works
- A background/interest in science and/or healthcare
- Experience in an in-house communications and/or PR agency role
- Display gravitas, confidence and maturity, and be able to take the lead in team meetings
- Intellectual strength, demonstrating an ability to deal with highly complex issues
- Demonstrate energy and a desire to provide exceptional client service
- Excellent team player with a positive and collegial focus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload and plan ahead
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Take a pragmatic and 'can do' approach
- Ability to be flexible in order to meet client deadlines and regulatory requirements
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.