UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK LtdYour future team
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas.
Our market leading Energy and Construction team now has a rare opportunity for a Construction Underwriter to join them and be based out of our London office.Your Contribution at AIG
What we are looking for
- Assist in the Management and service an existing book of Construction Risks
- Assist in the Production and underwriting of new accounts through the London broker network
- Undertake coverage analysis of manuscript forms with the ability to tailor them to specific client needs
- Pricing analysis using data analytics and modeling tools
- Help achieve set budget targets through organic growth and new business opportunities
- Assist with budgeted profitability targets as identified by senior management
- Maintain files, execute on strategy, understand and comply with internal guidelines, authority rules and regulations
- Basic level of understanding of Construction Insurance, applicable insurance products, loss trends and engineering issues of specific segments (mining, oil and gas, power/utilities & infrastructure)
- Basic Knowledge of different pricing tools, actuarial techniques, risk selection
- Sound negotiation skills, ability to build, maintain and expand relationship with key broker partners and clients
- Post-secondary education (engineering degree is a plus) OR equivalent industry training and experience. CII accreditation is desirable
- Sound organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines, as well as in a team to accomplish goals
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Candidate should be results-oriented
- Sound working knowledge of the various applications in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.