Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection ofover 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we createtechnologies that take society further.
We're looking for peoplewith the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and PowerDivision as a Commodity Manager and help us re-imagine the world by findingsolutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Reporting into the Global Head of SupplyChain Strategy you will lead the effective development and delivery of supplychain strategies, with initial focus on the Component repair strategy to meetour Customer needs worldwide. An important aspect of this role is seekingmaximum value for the company through time and cost agreements while workingwith latest repair technologies.
It's incredibly importantthat our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in havinga friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that developmentand training is important to many and that's why we have a supportiveenvironment which invests in our employee's development, whether that'sChartership, training or mentoring.
Feelfree to click on this link to see what it's like to work here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04 This is your role. What partwill you play?
Useyour skills to move the world forward
- Develop and deliver robustintegrated Commodity and Supplier strategies.
- E nsure the long-term cost-efficientsupply of materials and services with specific focus on component repairs ofGas Turbine parts and supporting equipment including developing ratable poolsfor pumps, motors and valves to optimise end Customer uptime across our globalCustomer base.
- Lead all sourcing and negotiations for medium/ high value critical Purchasing activities.
- Coordinate where appropriate with Sourcingcolleagues at local and global level to achieve synergies and best-practice.
- Develop optimised and agile procurement endto end process to exceed the Customer expectations.
- Develop and foster mutuallybeneficial relationships with new suppliers, including risk-sharing partnershipswhere applicable enabling access to supplier technology and expertise.
- Ensure a close cooperation with internal customersto ensure customer care and early involvement
- Foster usage of eProcurement tools with thevision to grow standard catalogue coverage for major equipment.
- Manage supplier and commodity risks to alignthe Strategic objectives to mitigate the business exposure.
We've got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- In depth knowledge and experience of procurementand contract negotiation, ideally in an Oil and Gas industry.
- Demonstrated results in achieving increasing valueand significant savings for stakeholders (internal customers).
- Good project management experience and well versedin managing multi-faceted and complex global stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with a mindset of challenging thestatus quo while exhibiting the ability to collaborate and build relationshipswith stakeholders
- A driven leader with excellent communication andorganisational skills, while possessing the ability to influence andconstructively challenge cross-functional project teams and business partnersto achieve project goals
- Strong skill set in gaining market placeintelligence and communicating the commercial impact of such information backto internal decision makers for timely resolve.
- Proven track record of managing vendorrelationships and demonstrate value contribution through negotiated savings,competitive bidding and cycle times
- Strong presentation, leadership and projectmanagement skills.
- CIPS qualified
Siemens Gas and Power isfocused on helping customers navigate the world's most pressing energyproblems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions andservices make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible powersolutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includesa generous base salary, annual bonus and we celebrate the factthat our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. Withthis in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefitspackage to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service),up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme andemployee discounts justto name a few.
If we all thought thesame, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great mindsfrom all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce iscritical to the success of our business; therefore we encourage applicationsfrom a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibilityrequirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Closing date: 8 th September 2019
*LI-CW Job ID:
Gas and PowerCompany:
Industrial Turbine Company (UK) LimitedExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: