A look at how our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy performed in year two
Category: female equality, disability in sport, Gender Equality, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, LGBT+, Race Equality, Careers in sport, equality, sport, Sports, ED&I, Women in Sport, The FA, The Football Association, Grassroots Football, strategies, football, strategy, sportswomen, strategic, gender and equality, strategic thinking
We have revealed our year two update of our three-year equality, diversity and inclusion strategy, In Pursuit of Progress
Launched in 2018, In Pursuit of Progress set clear and ambitious targets to drive meaningful change within the organisation and across the game, focusing on initiatives to promote equality and increase the diversity of those playing, officiating, coaching, leading and governing English football.
It is a key part of our work towards tackling discrimination at all levels and ensuring opportunities are accessible for all.
We're now delighted to provide an update on the strategy’s focus areas, which include:
The FA and our culture
• Increased ethnic and gender diversity amongst The FA’s leadership, with 36 per cent female and nine per cent people from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background
• Target achieved one year early for the number of female employees across the FA, while also reducing the gender pay gap and voluntarily publishing the ethnicity pay gap
The England teams’ support structure
• Second successful season of the Elite Coach Placement Programme, with seven coaches gaining opportunities within England teams, helping to build a more diverse talent pipeline
• Exceeded ethnicity and gender targets set for England coaching staff one year early
The Game’s grassroots workforce
• Growth in disability football with a six per cent increase in participation, a further £1m invested into the Disability Workforce Fund and 100 disability-specific recreation centres now operating
• Introduction of an industry-first regional Code of Governance, with provisions for gender diversity, ethnic diversity and youth representation across the County FA network
Inclusion programmes across the game
• Launch of the Football Leadership Diversity Code, with over 40 clubs committing to tackling inequality across their senior leadership, broader team operations and coaching teams
• The conclusion of the Heads Up campaign, culminating in the Heads Up FA Cup Final.
Throughout November, we'll bring to life the impact of In Pursuit of Progress to date across key areas, starting with a look at the Elite Coach Placement Programme during the week commencing 16 November.
This will be followed by a more detailed overview of our work to create more and better opportunities across grassroots football; broader inclusion programmes across the game; and initiatives specific to the women’s and girls’ game.
VERCIDA works with over one hundred clients who are committed to creating an inclusive work
environment. If you are an employer and interested in working with VERCIDA to promote your
diversity and inclusion initiatives and attract the best candidates, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Did you know that users who have filled in their profile details are 42 times more likely to get matched with the right employer?
Help us find the best workplace for you by sharing more about yourself.
We will never disclose your information with others.
An update from The FA following Monday's 'Football, Racism and Me' documentary
The FA welcomes and encourages the very important conversation on tackling discrimination both on and off the pitch, and wholeheartedly supports Anton Ferdinand in coming forward to speak about his e...
Baroness Sue Campbell introduces our new Women's and Girls' football strategy
Our director or women's football, Baroness Sue Campbell, explains more about the FA's new women's and girls' football strategy for 2020-24
Football has the power to change lives for the better.
FA CEO Mark Bullingham introduces our new strategy for the 2020-2024 cycle
FA CEO has outlined the details of the new strategy to cover 2020 to 2024
We are proud to launch Time for Change, the FA s new strategy for the 2020-2024 cycle.
Our new plan aims to take the FA and En...
The England and Manchester City star opens up on upbringing, culture and ambitions
England and Manchester City's Raheem Sterling is the latest player to feature in Black, England and Proud
Birthday boy Raheem Sterling became the latest player to speak in our Black, England and Proud...