MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
The Laser team within the MBDA SparkWorks Division is rapidly growing. This role offers the opportunity to work on the design of future Direct Energy Weapons (DEW) and help develop technology that is currently in its infancy.
Our team works in a rapid development environment where the programme can change quickly. This allows us to experience and exercise large portions of the product life cycle in short timescales.
We're a small team whose role is to craft and steer the future direction of projects. Roles within product delivery span a wide number of engineering fields and also shape the products that are eventually used by our end users every day. Working in this environment is exciting and the design work often requires us to explore new technology and break new ground.
Our primary focus is on physical architectures, solutions, delivery of Weapon Systems Equipment and Sub-systems across several DEW projects.What are we looking for?
A hardworking engineer who has experience in:
Here's what's in it for you
- A technical and practical way of thinking, ideally with a with a physics background with the design experience to know how things fit together
- Conducting analytical studies to understand the physical design regime.
- Development requirements to guide design of the solution and communicate these across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Electrical, thermal, safety and communications architectures.
- The capture and maintenance of design budgets such as size, mass, power and cooling and the associated trade space is key to your success in this role.
- Presenting ideas and concepts across a wide range of partners including peers, senior management, Customers and End Users.
- Experience of the CADMID cycle is desirable.
- Adequate understand for the need and application of change control and configuration management would be beneficial.
- A background in systems or equipment design is advantageous but not essential
We work in an exciting and 'fail fast' environment
Our work is fast paced within a creative multi-disciplinary team and we often start from a blank sheet of paper.
Here, you'll be part of a team solving problems that most others aren't aware even exist.
This is a growing team with opportunities to develop your role and future career in unique directions.Join a great team!
You will be joining a team that has developed MBDA's direct energy weapon capability from the ground up. We have a population of scientists, specialists and engineers dedicated to continuing the development of key technologies and novel design solutions to the sophisticated problems posed by the continued evolution of operational threats and capabilities.
As part of the wider Weapon System Design community we take pride in being at the forefront of evolving new products and new ways of developing them. We are a strong behaviour and experience led team where the roles are wide ranging and varied. We encourage our team to be adaptable and flexible in all areas of doing business.Benefits Package
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.