As disrupting the broader insurance market is becoming our key focus area, we are looking to augment our team with great designers to help us create compelling experiences. This work will happen in collaboration with the rest of Science team, as well as our users / clients / business partners. In addition to strong conceptual design skills, success in this role requires the ability to articulate design and UX strategy to stakeholders and cross-functional partners, with clear concepts and clean execution.
This is an exciting opportunity to enjoy state-of-the-art research and development, be challenged and grow as a designer and leader. Along the way you will contribute to game-changing products for the insurance industry.
- Collaboration with Scientists, and Product / Tech teams for solving complex problems with simple solutions.
- Ownership of a significant part of the teams solution design, and rapid prototyping for a variety of platforms / devices and use cases.
- Strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keeping up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources.
- Demonstrating end-to-end understanding of applications being created, and helping design elegant, efficient, intuitive, and delightful products.
Job RequirementsThe Candidate Must Have:
- Thorough knowledge of Human/User Centered Design frameworks and processes within the web and mobile product development.
- Experience being part of a software development team and well accustomed to Agile working methods based on fast iteration and validation cycles.
- Ability to use research informed insights to best describe the characteristics of the most important representations of the customer types and produce journey maps, user stories and pain point analysis.
- Proven knowledge and experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative research including surveys, interviews, focus groups, usability testing, heuristic evaluations and diary studies, to assess/validate the quality of the experience behind the usage of a product/design solution.
- Thorough understanding of the international standards of usability, usability metrics (e.g. SUM, SUS, SURP-Q, NPS) and usability principles (e.g. presentation of information, heuristics).
- General know-how of UX best practices and accessibility principles, as well as prototyping skills (e.g. expertise with software for creating rapid user experience wireframes and prototypes).
- Ability to identify and present actionable research insights to business stakeholders.
- Ability to use analytics metrics to understand the customers behaviour patterns, identify issues in the information architecture and justify improvements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of working in multiple work streams in complex agile environments.
AIG formed the Science team at the beginning of 2012 after recognizing the power of technology, data, and computational science to transform the insurance industry. The team consists of world-class scientists and business minds, and has been created to drive transformational change through evidence- based decision making at the company. The team has grown extremely rapidly with headcount now over 100.
The group is highly visible and fully supported by the leadership team of AIG and has a broad and global mandate ranging from solving complex business problems to partnering with leading academics on the development of next generation machine learning algorithms and data technologies. The groups intent is to be a centre of innovation at the company, a catalyst for change and the healthy pipeline of work has resulted in the need to hire additional people
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission " creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.