UX Practise Lead London
A great opportunity has arisen within Experian's Data Quality and Management business. Our mission is to improve the daily lives of data practitioners and we believe a superb User Experience is a fundamental part of our future success in accomplishing this mission. As such, we are looking for a UX Lead to lead a team of interaction designers and content managers, working as part of cross-functional teams to create and re-engineer our products and services - both on premise and SaaS. The role will suit someone looking for that next step in their career. Someone with a solid UX skillset in the software space, who still loves being hands on but also has some line management/supervisory experience and is looking to take on more.
You will work closely with the product teams and other stakeholders, applying a range of design techniques and practices to create products that customers love within an agile development environment. The UX Lead will play a strategic role in also being the design lead on critical parts of our portfolio. Day to Day
- Work with Product Managers and Engineering product teams, as well as other stakeholders (eg. Marketing etc) to define and implement in-product and end-to-end client experiences that deliver tangible business results
- Translate research findings into wireframes, functional components, IA and interaction concepts which can be rapidly socialised and iterated through ready for implementation
- Understand our products, marketplace, business and technical strategies, as the background to working on product and marketing requirements
- Create user-centred prototypes, mock-ups and UI visuals of various fidelities to be used in product discovery, user research and solution exploration
- Lead a team of interaction designers and content mangers to define, evolve and apply great UX techniques and methods that fit the organisation and product set
- Work with the content managers to define and implement the product content strategy
- Work with the Group Product Managers to define the product strategy, as well as with the product teams to ensure both quantitative and qualitative customer feedback is driving product plans and design decisions
- Facilitate and drive performance management processes for your team
What we are looking for in a UX Practise Lead
You will have Significant experience as a UX Designer, working in a web-facing software development environment or similar to create interactive prototypes, wireframes, work-flow storyboards and mock-ups
Be Fluent in the use of prototyping, visualisation and testing applications, such as Axure RP Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision or similar
The ability to create UI graphics including icons, info-graphics, illustrations and graphic assets for use in our products and web properties
Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must enjoy working in a friendly, fast-paced team environment and be comfortable presenting ideas to senior stakeholders
Ability to work quickly and efficiently to gather and distil complex requirements
You will have a demonstrable interest in good UX and UI design, the value of user research, and what this means for both the end user and service provider
Portfolio is a must - ideally showing examples from ideation, wireframing and user-testing, through to design/production and documentation Desirable
Good understanding of the principles of modern UI development technologies (CSS, HTML, jQuery, APIs)
Familiar with agile methodology and iterative design
Has worked in a global environment (Experian also has delivery teams in Malaysia and the Europe, plus regional commercial operations)
Experience with integrated, software-as-a-service platforms and data-driven software
Ability to help facilitate user testing, including experience with obtaining and analysing quantitative and qualitative feedback.
Experience estimating task/project timing in order to deliver in accordance with project plan Why choose us
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self.
Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process. Who are Experian
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.
To learn more about our culture and what it's really like to work here, check out our LinkedIn and social media channels using the hashtags #ExperianLife and #ExperianWay.