Our Chief Transformation Officer (CTO) is building a new team to transform performance within the business through operational efficiency. We are looking for a Transformation Finance Manager to support the extraction of value across Aviva's businesses in order to meet strategic, expense and growth ambitions.
The role holder will support the tracking, measurement and reporting of all key financial metrics; utilising external insight to provide data-led challenge for executive leaders and drive the efficiency outcomes for the overall Aviva strategy. We have created this vacancy to ensure the robust development of plans that will achieve key numerical measures and need someone who can understand potential interdependencies across different business areas to maximise potential for target delivery.
This person will also support on driving the divestment agenda, ensuring Transitional Service Agreements (TSAs) are aligned to requirements of transaction and agreed with M&A, Legal and acquiring parties. It's a great role for someone with transformation experience who is looking for an opportunity to influence senior management and think up balanced ideas that can close financial gaps across all key growth markets of the UK, Canada and Ireland. Some of the responsibilities the role includes:
Skills and experience we wish to see:
- Ensure robust execution and measurement of transformation initiatives, working in collaboration with various business areas to achieve financial targets.
- Embed value execution tracking - defining the key measures and metrics for detailed tracking (e.g. FTE, expenses, top quartile efficiency measures).
- Use insights to maximise impact, based on wider context and interdependencies across Aviva businesses.
- Support on all levels of reporting and prepare recommendations/next steps based on insights.
- Build positive relationships and maintain a strong internal and external network - engagement across financial workstreams (e.g FP&A) peers, consultants, industry specialists and more.
- Embed and track lead indicators to measure overall value delivery and meet strategic outcomes.
- Uphold a strong position on risk, governance and controls, this should be front of mind in all decision making.
- Deliver change effectively and efficiently.
What will you get for this role?
- Exposure to the financial services industry (preferably insurance).
- Excellent understanding of what is involved in large-scale business transformation projects.
- Financially-savvy, confident in ability to partner with the wider business to deliver on financial goals. Ideally holding a professional qualification in a financial field.
- Ability to build effective relationships quickly - confident when engaging with senior and executive leadership to advise, support and influence them.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
Working at Aviva
- Competitive annual salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By ' minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.