In BBC Audience Platform our services are transforming the BBC into a data-driven organisation supporting the delivery of BBCs services such as iPlayer, News, Sport, CBBC/ CBeebies, Weather, Radio and TV, etc.
You will be part of the BBC Audience Platform - Participation Team. Your role as an Engineer in Test is an extremely critical one for the team and it's important that you work closely with Senior and Lead Developers as well as Senior and Lead Engineers in Test in the team. You will need to understand the best practices for Testing and Automation while helping the team to achieve great quality. Testing can be varied across the team from front-end UI to a significant amount of RESTful API. You will also be required to review unit tests and write robust integration tests using mocking or stubbing libraries. The toolset is primarily Java, Serenity and Selenium for Functional Testing, Java stubbing and mocking libraries for integration tests, JUnit and related frameworks for unit testing. We also use Gatling for performance testing with Scala.
Additionally, with Junior members of staff in the team, you will be required to mentor and coach the Juniors in the Team towards Testing processes, tools and best practises.
Audience Platform Participation is responsible for Commenting, Moderation and Voting Services. As a Software Engineer in Test, your role will entail understanding the feature requirements inside out, using exploratory and innovative practices for manual testing you will be able to communicate as well as collaborate, effectively with the team as a whole. Your understanding of commenting and moderation systems will hugely benefit the team to deliver the new Moderation workflows.
Are you the right candidate? Essential:
- Experience with JAVA Programming Language and Object-Oriented Concepts
- Experience with Serenity Test Framework and Screenplay pattern
- Previous experience in working on Commenting, Moderation and Voting Systems
- Solid experience in Automating UI with Selenium
- Experience with Automated RESTful API Testing
- Recent experience working in an Agile environment
- Experienced in Mentoring a Junior Engineer
- Experience with configuring and running jobs in Jenkins
- Previous experience in Database Relational mappings and Queries
- Experience in Gatling, Scala and SBT
- Good Understanding of Integration Testing concepts and stubbing or mocking libraries
- TDD or Unit Testing
- Experience in DevOps working model
- AWS Configuration and working with AWS SDK
- Automated Cross-platform Testing
- Python Scripting
Join us to deliver robust products at scale that in a modern AWS environment as part of a great multi-disciplinary agile team.
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London (W12) Were happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC whether thats to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here