Company DescriptionWe're changing it up
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain's potential. Together, we're achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That's why we've created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We're changing up Britain and we're changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK. A rewarding career
We're passionate about our work and we're passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £55,000 + car allowance
depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you'll also enjoy benefits like 25 days' holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.How can you change it up?
Working as one of our Senior Quantity Surveyors, you'll support the commercial and contractual management of a portfolio of telecoms projects which will include new build, city enhancement projects and field service frameworks. You'll be ensuring that our operations and service delivery are fully protected under the contract terms and comply with the relevant statutory requirements e.g. Construction Act.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
What will you bring to the role?
- Managing the commercial resources of your assigned projects, from planned expenditure through to placement of control of contracts
- Supporting the authorisation and submission of project variations
- Assessing, reviewing and mitigating commercial and contractual risks
- Providing commercial and contractual expertise to contracts, including producing and submitting valuation certification, drafting and issuing correspondence, claims, budget monitoring and producing contract/workstream performance data
- Providing robust, timely and accurate cost and value data at both project and regional level
- Coaching, developing and mentoring junior members of the team
It's important that you have solid experience in commercial management and the procurement of contractors, with working knowledge of NEC3 ECC forms. Ideally, you'll have a background in telecoms, civil engineering or utilities. You'll also need;
Our unique culture
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers and partners
- Experience using spreadsheets to interpret and collate financial data
- Presentation and report writing skills
- HNC/HND level education, or equivalent
- An analytical and numerical mind and the ability to identify and resolve problems
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we're united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we're passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.