Excited by using massive amounts of data to develop Machine Learning , Deep Learning, and Operations Research models? Want to help set the standard in data science for operations? Want to solve complex problems with science and see your solution implemented in the field, impacting hundreds of thousands employees and dozens of millions customers?
At Amazon Supply Chain & Analytics Europe, we are forecasting, planning, and optimizing in real time the flow of millions of products and orders each day across Europe throughout our fulfillment network. We apply machine learning, operations research, and commons sense to large volumes of data and against a wide spectrum of problems.
In particular, our Supply Chain Data Science team is solving for the most complex of those challenges. This is a very exposed team at the cross-road between Retail, Operations, and Software Development. If you have experience with machine learning, analytics, and operations research, we'd like to have you join our team. You will get to work within an innovative company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun.
The position is based in Amazon European headquarter in Luxembourg, Europe's most multicultural capital with 152 foreign nationalities representing 65% of its population!
It could also be based in London, UK or Paris, France if any of these locations are more suitable to the successful candidate.
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into data, doing analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. It will be a person who likes to have fun, loves to learn, and wants to innovate in the world of industry-AI.
Responsibilities will include:
• Design a vision for Data Science and OR in Supply Chain Operations and execute it
• Build and maintain a healthy portfolio of short-term incremental and longer-term paradigm shifts projects
• Recruit, coach, grow, and manage a team of scientists and engineers
• Imagine and design innovative OR and ML models (inc. deep learning) aimed at optimizing or forecasting Amazon Supply Chain flows (anomaly detection, granular forecasting, automated planning and optimization)
• Deliver ML / DL / OR projects from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models to deliver business impact to the organization.
• Be a thought partner to our global software product development team to improve current algorithms and foster innovation.
• Proactively propose new workflows to either improve accuracy, optimization or automation with ML.
• Perform advanced statistical analysis of operational and performance metrics.
• Be part of the Amazon data science community: get inspired by and inspire others. In particular, run our EU Operations wide Data Science community
• Example of projects you could work on: forecast what products 3rd party sellers will store in our fulfillment center, real time estimation of the impact of deviating from our plan , anomaly detection in inbound flows, reinforcement learning based flow optimization, end-to-end supply chain surrogate simulation
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
• A Master Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics) or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science, and statistical analysis
• Track record of leading complex and ambiguous data science projects with multiple stakeholders to deliver measurable business value
• Experience managing virtual teams
• Ability to write production level code in R or Python
• Knowledge and experience of writing and tuning SQL
• Experience using ML/data libraries, such as scikit-learn, Pandas, and DL frameworks such as Theano, Keras, TF
• Experience in building models based on Recurrent Neural Networks (e.g. LSTM) to forecast time series
• Track record of working hand in hand with business and operations partners at all levels to deliver multi-million dollars business impact
• Ability to speak and write about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format
• PhD in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
• Proficiency in Operations Research (LP, nLP, IntP, goal programming etc)
• 12+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
• Publications in recognized Machine/Deep Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science journals or conferences
• Track record of hiring and developing scientists and engineers
• Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, Sagemaker, Lambda, & EMR
• Track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a fast pace environment
• Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Shiny, d3.js, Matplotlib)