HR - Human Resources
Estimated Travel Percentage (%):
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Service Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
At AIG, we believe that people are crucial to the success of an organization. We acknowledge that the contribution of one team can make a lasting impact. We therefore work every day to ensure our employees feel valued and are given the tools to develop and reach their utmost potential. If you're motivated to make a real difference, are collaborative and team oriented and get excited by the prospect of being an innovative change agent, then the AIG HR team is the right place for you. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with AIG.
As a Leader, you are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.Key Responsibilities
Required Skills & Experience
- Act as a strategic HR Business Partner to senior clients
- Understand business strategies and align people strategy and programs to achieve the business goals
- Provide trusted and expert advice and support on a range of HR issues such as reward, employee relations, talent acquisition and development, performance, organisation development/change, culture and engagement.
- To work with business managers to identify Learning and Development needs of their employees and liaise with L&D to determine appropriate development approach enabling employees to acquire technical/non-technical skills and levels of behavioural competence to meet their objectives and fully give to business success.
- To provide consultation and mentoring to business managers in their management of performance and or employee relations issues, including disciplinary, investigation and grievance processes.
- To support business managers during the Performance Management process with goal setting and giving feedback.
- Works with leadership team members during annual Compensation Planning time to ensure alignment of rewards to performance.
- In collaboration with global compensation partners, provides consultative guidance for compensation and facilitate appropriate compensation bench marking insights for job offers based on strategic internal and external needs
- To partner with the business for the review of Talent and Succession planning.
- Actively use data and metrics to drive client engagement and drive accountability for outcomes both with client and the HR organisation.
- Assist with building and maintaining a Diverse and Inclusive work environment.
- Partner the COEs to engage them on Organisation plan for client's organisation to enable a more holistic HR support and better business outcomes.
- Assist with and undertake tasks associated with a diverse range of projects as reasonable required by the Head of HR and wider HR team.
- Proven experience covering global employee-based population in key HR Generalist Leadership roles that require change management, strategic business partnering, organisational effectiveness/development, employment law, positive employee relations among others
- Ability to interface with various business clients and adeptly navigate a variety of business opportunities and challenges. The ability to come up to speak quickly and apply best practices in various settings is a key skill required.
- Able to build strong working relationships and be a good team worker.
- Assertive and commercially aware
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.