We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
As part of the Content, Broadcast and Production department, the Content Systems Integration Dept is at the cutting edge of the convergence between traditional broadcast and IT cultures. The department plays a key role in the transformation of the business, as it moves content processing systems into the cloud. It develops solutions and supports engineering and specialist teams to work through technological challenges.
- Work collaboratively with multidiscipline Production and Content Engineering teams.
- Work with design and project teams on new technology arriving in this area.
- Collaborating with multiple vendors, key stake holders and system specialists.
- Gaining a good understanding of various technologies and the end to end workflows.
- Reporting defects and providing progress reports during the system life cycle.
- Managing the automated roll out of new code to systems (automated pipeline).
- Reporting to the Content Systems Integration Manager.
- Provides input and recommendations for production system hardening and optimisation.
- Good communication skills and a willingness to engage with stakeholders.
- Sound troubleshooting skills and a clear, logical approach.
- Willingness to take on the 'unpopular' faults and work to resolution.
- Ability to self-study to get a working understanding of emerging technologies and to provide a strategic view of the production systems.
- Understanding of cloud architecture and services, code pipelines and system interfaces.
- Knowledge of Broadcast IT Systems and Networking.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.