A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.Who we are looking for;
The candidate will work primarily in our Aberdeen Office, however, there may also be opportunities to work with staff in our other offices around the country and to visit client sites in the UK and overseas. The candidate will be part of our Aberdeen Corporate Tax Team which provides taxation services to a wide range of clients in the Oil & Gas industry, including upstream and service companies. Clients are primarily large corporates, with a mix of inbound plus independent/AIM listed.
The successful applicant will have a keen interest in how the taxation system impacts companies operating in the O&G sector, and wants to develop their knowledge further through additional training and on the job learning. An interest in international taxation is also key.About the role
The successful candidate will work with client relationship teams on a wide portfolio of corporate clients and will have day-to-day responsibility for managing these on-going relationships. For a number of our clients, this involves reporting directly to the Manager/Senior Manager, Director or Partner on the engagement. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Proactively managing a portfolio of clients, reporting directly to Managers and above.
- Working with teams based overseas, on cross-border assignments.
- Opportunity to work on tax due diligence, restructuring and other advisory projects.
- Establishing effective working relationships directly with clients.
- Being proactively involved in the financial management of clients.
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge.
- Building your own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings.
- Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and industry issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry.
The Senior Associate will be part of client-service and project teams. As such, managing both junior and more senior members of the team will be essential. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work closely with specialists in all areas of Tax Scotland - Private Client, Private Business, Private Equity, M&A, Capital Allowances, R&D, Indirect, Pensions, Reward & Employment.Additional information
Amount of time office based 90%
Amount of time at client sites 10%
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home Occasional, depending on client projects.
Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Yes
Opportunity for working from home? Occasional, depending on client projects.
Opportunity for job sharing? NoRequirements
The requirements for the role are as follows
- Relevant qualifications CA, CTA or equivalent;
- A commitment to continuing to enhance technical and other knowledge and skills;
- Willingness to take on new and challenging work;
- Risk awareness;
- Excellent team playing skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Self-motivation; and
- Good organisational and people skills.