What's in it for you Package Description
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
About the role
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
Our cyber security team are the eyes and ears of our organisation. We use the latest technologies to increase visibility and protection of systems, services and data. To do this we need to stay ahead of the latest threats and continuously improve our tooling, techniques, and processes.
Responsible for developing and running security processes day-to-day for the Tesco Group, we're continually working to step change security capability to further enhance the protection and controls that we offer for our customers and colleagues across the UK, Europe and Asia, and we're looking to add great people to our growing team.
We believe that skilled and passionate people are our greatest asset in reducing risk to our business and customers. We encourage and support continual development and learning and recognise the importance of keeping up with changes in technology and an evolving threat landscape.
Communication is key - working collaboratively with our software and systems engineering teams to support security throughout the development lifecycle, as well as to build proactive monitoring and responses to security events. You will be responsible for
You will focus on improving the telemetry, processes and tools for Tesco's SIEM system and SOC team. This role requires proven experience with security telemetry, security intelligence, anomaly hunting and incident response.
The Engineer must leverage intuition, security knowledge and a broad of array of tools and advanced security techniques to help us uncover and stay alert to malicious activity. Bilaterally, we're building a threat hunting capability to feed back into our telemetry and processes. You will need Ideal CandidateKey Skills and Experience
Desirable Tools / Technologies:
- Experience performing technical analysis involving security event data and evaluating malicious activity.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and related network protocols: knowledge of standard network protocols like TCP, ARP, ICMP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, SNMP etc., and accompanying protocol/packet analysis/manipulation tools.
- Knowledge of information security protection/detection and authentication systems (firewalls, IDS, IPS, anti-virus, etc).
- Knowledge of commonly-accepted information security principles and practices, as well as techniques attackers would use to identify vulnerabilities, gain unauthorized access, escalate privileges and access restricted information.
- Knowledge of current operating environments (Microsoft, Linux, & OS X).
- Understanding and application of the following security tools: Development / Configuration experience with any industry leading SIEM platform.
- Experience of development using a programming language in a DevOps environment using agile techniques.
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking, willingness to challenge status quo.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced written and oral communications, self-motivator.
- Team player and independent worker, highly adaptive.
- Splunk (including Enterprise Security, UBA and CIM)
- Devops toolsets - Github, Jenkins, Jira etc.
- Python, Java
College degree or equivalent work experience. Desirable Certifications:
SSCP, GSEC, GCIH, GCIA or other industry relevant certifications. About us
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Campus in Welwyn Garden City.