What you'll be doing?
The Design and Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation, this team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there's the sheer variety of our sites, many of them using existing buildings, and all of them with unique problems to solve. Then there's the question of new materials and our drive for sustainability and value, all in the face of ever changing building and environmental legislation.
Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a thought-provoking setting.
Reporting to the Technical Manager or Technical Director you will take the lead on a project/projects covering surveying, technical, engineering and architectural aspects from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions.
You will be expected to:
What you'll need?
- Provide a practical and cost effective technical and surveying service to the company
- Procure site investigations, surveys, services information, etc. to assist the design process
- Manage the technical and surveying process ensuring that best practice is followed, and that costs are controlled
- Ensure best value is observed in procuring site service contracts
- Be responsible for co-ordinating the external design team in ensuring the design package meets the specified programme
- Oversee preparation of Brochure Plans, Conveyance Plans and Sales Area drawings
- Deliver a clear and concise technical briefing to all the related departments at the pre-start stage
- Support the Construction/Sales department with any issues that may arise
- Assist the solicitors in the processing of purchaser queries
- Ensure that the site adoptions process is followed, and that the associated agreements are in place, and that the bond value is kept to a minimum
To be successful in the role,we are looking for:
Our Company and Benefits
- Excellent communication, self-motivation with high detail orientation
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs
- Knowledge and understanding of the major functions within the remit of Technical services and how they impact on site acquisition and development
- Individual who is qualified as a Civil / Building Engineer or a Construction related degree level or HNC/HND in a built environment subject with relevant experience
- Knowledge and aptitude to identify those issues which impact on land value or development costs and to make the correct 'allowances'
We've been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder twelve years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That's more than any other major housebuilder. It's because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Single Cover Private Medical Insurance
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- Annual Health Assessment
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies