We're Gousto, the UK's number one recipe box company and one of Europe's fastest growing businesses. With over 500 employees and plans to grow to 1500 by 2022, this is a hugely exciting time to join our team.
Our values are the foundations of our vibrant culture;
Dream - Today's good is tomorrow's mediocre. We're always looking for ways to improve Gousto, our team and ourselves.
Deliver - We understand where we can add the most value and obsess about making improvements every day.
Care - We can only achieve big things by working collaboratively. We respect different people's skills, experience and points of view. We work as one team.
This will be a hugely varied role, touching on all parts of the packaging journey. Our packaging production is a huge cross functional effort that involves many stakeholders and requires a holistic approach. It feeds into the following departments; buying, planning, projects, insights, brand, operations and food technical, with projects such as Joyful unboxing, sustainability and the brand evolution.
From aiding the category buyer in maintaining our database of specifications and prices, to helping the brand team maintain their database of cutter guides & designs, to liaising with suppliers to implement these designs in the best and most cost effective way possible.
We want to surprise and delight our customers with an amazing unboxing experience that represents our brand and products in a way that is visually appealing, expresses premium quality and that meet our long term sustainability goals, this role will be key in supporting this
- Managing the packaging rebrand project, supporting across business functions from concept through to launch.
- Manage and lead the weekly packaging meeting, with timely completion of packaging workflows.
- Ownership of essential tasks such as invoicing, ordering, stock management, maintaining specifications and any packaging trials/tests.
- Liaising with Brand, Buying, Food Technical and Projects teams, with the Buying Team and Production Manager as your main points of contact.
- Liaising with the planning team to manage stock levels and land new designs on time.
- Researching and advising on the new materials and sustainability developments.
- Supporting with artwork and packaging development processes.
- Support in the development and creation of briefs, liaising with suppliers to collate all the required information (with accurate cutter guides, complete production information, product certifications, recyclability etc.) ahead of the design phase. Ensuring key deadlines are met by the relevant stakeholders.
- Briefing the design studio and managing timings for response to briefs, ensuring all design requirements are met (all elements supplied in the correct formats).
- Ensuring packaging products meet set requirements and specifications. Working with graphic designers to make sure the artwork fits in with the Gousto's brand guidelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of print/finish processes is critical and the ability to problem solve any print challenges that may arise.
- Support the relevant category buyer in running print tests of design samples as part of the sign-off process, to ensure production and quality standards are met.
We need an packaging technologist with a commercial mind to help streamline all things packaging: liaising with suppliers, sourcing and maintaining specifications and cutter guides, working with the planning team to advise on stock levels and landing design changes, working with food technical and ensuring we're compliant with labelling regulations & product certifications.
Qualifications and training requirements
- A graduate / post-graduate qualification (or similar), preferably with experience working in the packaging food industry.
- Good knowledge of packaging guidelines, legislation standards and product certifications.
- Literate with Google Workspace / MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Experienced in Food packaging production and the end to end processes, with strong commercial and operational awareness.
- Self-starter and self-driven to deliver projects with excellence and on time in a fast paced and complex environment.
- A multitasker who works cooperatively with other team members and can navigate multiple briefs/ product categories at a time.
- Excellent knowledge of packaging design, printing, and accurate, up to date knowledge of labelling regulation standards and product certifications.
- Good technical skills, with very good attention to detail.
- Clear verbal & written communication skills.
- An understanding of basic design and concepts.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, with a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Good organisational skills with a methodical approach.
- Sustain a high level of competence and a willingness to work flexibly within an ever-changing business landscape.