Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Materials Manager for our Rolling Stock business to be based out of the Wimbledon Depot. This is a Fixed Term Contract role ending 31 st December 2019 with a possibility of extension.
This role is responsible for providing materials management and procurement support for the designated fleet and to provide inventory control and order book management for the rolling stock service business.What would be my Responsibilities?
What Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- Provide a proactive procurement support service to the designated fleet for engineered parts, facilities, all goods and services in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure the procurement activity is in cohesion with strategic procurement planning, including the support and development of strategic business objectives.
- Ensure materials of the required standards are available at the production facility to meet the requirement of the maintenance operation.
- Responsible for liaising with the Materials Control Manager in relation to warranty failed product for the designated fleet and to take the lead role in negotiating claim settlements for products covered by contractual warranty in cohesion with counterparts on other contracts.
- Effective proactive liaison with depot management, SAG warranty representative, to satisfy the timely conclusion of warranty claims.
- Work with the designated Fleet Engineering / Technical representatives to assist in coordination with investigative efforts; root cause and corrective action on all repairable product, in particular warranty-failed products.
- Take a proactive role in addressing quality concerns and repair work with the suppliers (Supply chain) to ensure that preventive measures are pursued.
- Engage with the suppliers and liaison with systems experts to agree product reliability improvement and obsolescence solutions.
- Collaboration with internal/ external customer to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Experience of working in a Rail materials, stores or engineering position
- Detailed knowledge of materials and stores management procedures and warranty process
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software
- CIPS Professional diploma in Procurement and Supply
- People Management experience
We're Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.Job ID:
SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITEDExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: