Atkins have an opportunity to recruit a Marketing & Communications Officer
in to the Infrastructure division. We have opportunities in both our London
offices. The successful candidates will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for delivering marketing campaigns that support the objectives of the UK business and work winning.
As a Marketing & Communications Officer you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of strategic multi-channel marketing communications campaigns and activity that continue to position Atkins as a leading design, engineering and project management consultancy. This will include working closely with the business to develop compelling and differentiated client value propositions that position Atkins as industry leaders in operating markets and directly contribute to work winning and strengthening the Atkins brand profile in the UK.
You will work across the full marketing mix from social media campaigns and awards through to large scale international events. The role will be varied and will require some travel to enable close working with our market and client facing teams who are located throughout the UK.
Working with a range of stakeholders, from Market Directors and Engineering practice leads this is a challenging role and one which comes with a great opportunity to use your creative flair to promote our services and people to an external audience.Atkins
is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, employing some 8,500 people in the UK. We are a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure.Responsibilities
- Deliver marketing communications and campaign plans in line with the business strategy using a range of online and offline channels
- Plan and manage the company's presence at trade events including developing briefs for exhibitions stands, writing and producing event materials and preparing event reports
- Research and write compelling content to be used across all marketing communications channels including campaign material, reports, thought leadership articles, speeches, case studies, social media and website content
- Create and deliver digital marketing plans aligned to campaigns including social media, paid social advertising and direct email
- Plan and deliver a broad range of in-house events from round table events to stakeholder receptions
- Develop creative briefs and work with creative agencies to deliver their best
- Work with the wider marketing and communications team to ensure seamless delivery of region wide campaigns ensuring maximised impact and return on investment working with external partners and suppliers as appropriate
- Degree in Marketing or Communications related subject or equivalent qualification
- Professional qualification from a relevant discipline would be preferred but not essential, and we would support CPD to gain a relevant qualification over time
- A creative flair with an ability to help develop and deliver captivating marketing campaigns using online and offline tactics, with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent written skills and the ability to write professional compelling web and marketing copy
- Experience in event planning and management as you will be planning and executing our presence at a range of client-focused events and conferences
- Experience in digital marketing including a good knowledge of paid social advertising, direct email and social media
- Experience in working within brand guidelines to develop new collateral
- High levels of initiative and confidence to come up with, share and deliver ideas
- Proactive, highly organised and able to work simultaneously on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse and challenging workload simultaneously across different areas if the UK
- A self-starter who can work independently as part of a remote-based team and roll their sleeves up to deliver exceptional work
- A team player, able to establish great collaborative working relationships
- Knowledge of the environments/markets that the organisation operates in (desirable)
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss a flexible or part-time working pattern for this vacancy. For roles advertised under the category of flexible working we would encourage you to explore the flexible working options we are able to offer during the interview process.This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.