As part of the technology organisation at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), we run digital products throughout the organisation. We are passionate about delivering value in a collaborative manner and being an influencer at the heart of the global RegTech and FinTech revolutions driving the digital economy. As part of our Agile journey, we have formed Product Groups that combine our Delivery and Service functions.
We currently need a Lead Product Architect within our Case and Regulatory Risk Management (CRRM) product group within the Business and Technology Solutions division. CRRM product group helps the FCA to manage firm relationships, data decisions and the risks associated with them.
The Lead Product Architect role sits within the Product Group, and is responsible for the overall Product Architecture, services, roadmap, architectural decisions, review of architectural proposals, technical designs, integration strategies and setting technical standards.What does the role involve / What are the key responsibilities?
Key aspects of the work will include:
- Shaping the relevant product roadmaps which identifies the scope, prioritisation and timeframes for delivery of capability including integration and specification of the products' solution design as well as addressing technical debt
- Producing architectural solutions including technology and service ensuring solutions consider capacity management, ITSCM, security and software licensing requirements, high level outlined architecture to detailed architecture, and where required, high level technical designs that are aligned to enterprise architecture standards, cover any required product group integration and all relevant architecture domains align with enterprise product strategies to meet agreed acceptance / definition of ready criteria
- Review and quality assure artefacts created by external suppliers and internal teams ensuring the quality of the delivered solution to fulfil business and non-functional requirements and adhere to strategic vision for the product group, BTS and FCA.
- Identifying opportunities for product innovation and shape design proposals for taking this forward; driving innovation at a product level where this delivers quick wins and business benefit and is in the boundary of the product roadmap
- Supporting Integration and functional testing to ensure conformance to business acceptance and readiness criteria, identifying and responding to capacity, licensing and security risks, and determining service design outcomes are aligned to the FCA risk appetite.
- Leading contributions to the relevant communities of practice, providing thought leadership, coaching and mentoring of other employees to build the overall business, technical and product architect capability within BTS
What will the candidate get from the role?
- Producing architectural design papers, review of architectural proposals, design decisions, technical guidance to engineering teams.
- QA reviewing of solutions, supporting performance and penetration tests.
- Resolving complex technical challenges and articulation of complex problems in simple terms to various stakeholders.
- Identifying integration options and resolving integration challenges.
- Be part of design authority forums and mentor junior architects.
- An opportunity to lead our technology focused engineering teams.
- A chance to work in small cross functional, self-organising and autonomous teams passionate about delivering value continuously.
- Opportunity to be part of teams that work smart, learn from mistakes and not afraid of failing fast.
- We enjoy having a sense of purpose in our job, knowing that we're serving those in need.
- We don't do micro-managing, we hire people because we believe they are brilliant in getting the job done.
- We love, embrace and welcome diversity.
- We admire and look out for servant leaders who have exceptional critical soft skills.
- We believe in innovation, not prescription.
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate's CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme.Minimum:
- Significant experience as a solution architect working in financial services or government / regulatory bodies, with experience of creating strategies, roadmaps and architectural delivery plans, enabling innovation for the relevant products, platforms, systems or components, on large projects (£5M+)
- Significant experience working with formal architectural methodologies and frameworks, including TOGAF, and architecture modelling tools (Erwin, EA Sparx, RSA etc.)
- Significant experience of working through the end-to-end project and/or product delivery lifecycle with employees, 3rd party or offshore suppliers following development methodologies (e.g. Prince2, RUP, Scrum, Agile, DevOps)
- Commercially aware, the ability to understand supplier proposals and promote cost effective solutions
- TOGAF certified
- Salesforce Admin certified and working towards other Salesforce certifications
- Relevant solution architecture skills (i.e. Data, Application, and Infrastructure)
- Proven ability to innovate within a product stack whilst ensuring EA adherence
- Proficient knowledge of UML
- Good overall knowledge of a broad range of technology trends and industry standards in providing IT products as services and best practice application / solution / platform architectures
- Experience working with CRM products such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience of managing architectural risk through the project lifecycle and during "run"
- Experience in working with DevOps and Agile methodologies
About the FCA
- BCS EA and Solution Architecture certified
- ITIL certified
- Salesforce certified
- Salesforce Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator
- Platform Developer I / II
- Experience Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Consultant
- Application Architect
- System Architect
- B2C Solution Architect
- Technical Architect
- Archimate certified
- BCS Agile certified
- Awareness of FCA teams who use software / platforms / systems within the product group and across other Product Groups where relevant, able to quickly develop an enterprise-wide view of the business, and its challenges.
- Familiarity with, or ability to quickly grasp, the business drivers of the FCA as well as its primary processes
- High-level data modelling understanding and experience
- A good understanding of architecting for n-tier applications, Cloud, microservices, working with and helping influence FCA enterprise strategy
At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
The landscape of financial services regulation is constantly changing, impacting the way in which the FCA regulates. Business and Technology Solutions (BTS) enables the FCA to deliver, through the implementation and management of cutting-edge, industry leading technology and digital solutions, used by tens of thousands of firms and millions of consumers across the financial services sector in their interactions with the FCA.
BTS is ambitious, with an established and forward-thinking digital strategy, focused on exploiting cloud technologies, and an operating model recognised as more pioneering than many in the private sector. BTS is actively focused on the professional development of colleagues throughout their careers with us. As a division, BTS is committed to establishing a culture of inclusion that enables diversity to underpin our ways of working.The FCA's Values & Diversity
Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis.Useful Information
This role is Graded TS E1 Technical Specialist
Salary - £80,000 - £90,000 + Benefits package
Job Post will close on Sunday 3rd October 2021
For more information on the role or process, please contact [email protected]
Please note - CVS sent outside of the portal will not be accepted