For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand and can deliver the whole process - or just part of it - from Investment to Development to Construction.
But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy... Accountabilities
The Infrastructure Project Manager ensures that all construction activities of the project SiteWide packages meet the schedule, quality, safety, environmental and sustainability objectives of the project management plan. Working closely with the construction managers, the Project Manager responsibilities include:
Additional ResponsibilitiesHealth and Safety:
- Assist the project director with the establishment and implementation of detailed sitewide strategies, particularly across welfare/office, logistics, infrastructure, material management, & utilities.
- Manage construction and programme delivery of the project, including chairing programme and progress meetings
- Managing the Construction and the interface with contractors, including daily communication
- Review the project designs for constructability and liaise with design manager on progress and implication of the design development and issues.
- Provide technical advice, assistance and information to the PD/other parties as required on the current progress, quality, and execution of works
- Assist with development of project strategic and implementation plans, and project procedures.
- Assist with preparation, monitoring, and management of short and long term programmes.
- Co-ordinate construction activities with other agencies as well as local residents, neighbours and other stakeholders.
- Maintain the schedule and control the operation of the contractors and subcontractors performing work in his area.
- Carry out close co-ordination and liaison with management of other plots to ensure that delineation and responsibilities are defined in relation to interfaces.
- Ensure a daily diary of work activities is maintained
- Produce tender documentation, scopes, drawing schedules, risk assessments, and assist in the selection of contractors
- Assist the Commercial Manager with procurement, package management, review of progress claims and variations, awarding of contract etc.
- Set a personal example to lead in safety and promote Incident & Injury Free values
- Develop and implement the project EHS Plan. Appreciate the responsibility allocated to each team member.
- Ensure that the Lend Lease GMRs and EDR's are achieved and maintained on the project.
- Attend any health & safety training identified by project risk assessment and the Project training matrix and personally maintain a CSCS registration relevant to the role.
- Liaise with other managers to clarify responsibilities at physical or organisational interfaces between packages or sections of the project, so that full coordination is maintained.
- Attend Monthly Risk Review Meetings.
- Ensure that the recommendations of the Safety Manager are complied with by all of the contractors' employees.
- Conduct regular safety meetings with the contractor's foremen and representatives of the various crafts employed on the construction programme.
- Make frequent and unscheduled inspections of the work in progress and correct hazards or unsafe practices for immediate action or remedy.
- Complete and record 2 safety observations/week
- Complete 2 safe start inspections/week & 1 full site safety inspection/week
- Review all RAMS for the responsible packages
- Ensure all Safety KPI targets are met.
- Review high risk method statements and ensure implementation of minimum controls established by the GMRs
- Assist with the compilations of safety registers (temp works, lifting, RAMS, excavate, hot works).
- Carry out the role of LL Safety coordinators as appropriate.
- Work with the site management team in implementing the Lendlease QA system with specific regards to maintaining the ISO accreditation whilst driving improvements across the project.
- Review the Contractor's Quality Plan and Inspection & Test Plan on Lendlease review sheets and ensure they are carried out thoroughly.
- Ensure contractors checklists indicate detailed breakdown of each work activity with sign-off columns to indicate inspections carried out satisfactorily. Utilise Conject MI where possible
- Track Contractor's construction management plan reviews every two months to ensure contractors are carrying out reviews regularly.
- Review contractors ITP on site to ensure operations are carried as indicated.
- Manage approval of Samples & Benchmarks and track them on the list for completion.
- Assist with project auditor(s) carrying out audit operations.
- Leads the review of the Lessons Learned process and extract and communicate the common issues to promote best practice across the project.
- Identify quality training needs across the site, develop and formulate an effective training strategy.
- Assist with reviews of the effectiveness of the QA systems to help develop and implement improvements as required by the business.
- Implement sitewide quality systems (Kahua, Sablono, Resolving etc.) with trade contractors and own the system.
- Own and close out detailed snagging, defect management, and O&M reviews. Assist development of other team members with this.
- Set a personal example to lead in sustainability and promote triple bottom line values; environment, social and economic.
- Understand the Lend Lease Sustainability Plan, EHS Plan and EDR's
- Ensure that the Lend Lease GMRs & EDR's are achieved and maintained on the project
- Attend any sustainability training identified by project risk assessment and the Project training matrix.
- Utilise tool like the Supply Chain Sustainability School and CCS Best Practice Hub to further best practice on the project.
- Liaise with other managers to clarify responsibilities at physical or organisational interfaces between packages or sections of the project, so that full coordination is maintained
- Ensure contractors submit environmental data records in accordance with corporate procedures to the environmental coordinator
- Ensure that delivered materials comply with standards and policies (Alternative Fuels etc.)
- Assist with implementing Lendlease objectives of Net Zero by 2025 and absolute zero by 2040.
- Ensure project meets minimum sustainability KPI targets each month.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
L endlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.