So what's the role all about?
As an Income Officer your job will be to maximise the rental and service charge income for the business.
This role can offer hybrid working, meaning you will be required to be in the office for around 2/3 days a week with the rest being from home, however we may need you to be in the office more within your probation, whilst you get up to speed.Some of the key tasks and responsibilities include:
To be successful in this role, we'd be looking for the following...
- Taking accountability for income collection and debt reduction targets for a patch or arrears band across various tenure types and income streams including rent and service charges.
- Provide an efficient and effective customer service in relation to income collection.
- To provide the highest level of customer care and encourage tenancy sustainment.
- Make suggestions to improve performance, value for money and efficiency.
- Assist in the training and induction of colleagues within the Income Team.
- Have a clear understanding of the status of all rent accounts in the management area and work with the Income Team Manager to create a systematic debt reduction plan.
- Support the wider team in tasks outside of normal duties in response to operational needs.
- Monitor rent accounts using the IT system and applying the income collection policy consistently in the management of rent arrears cases.
- Advising tenants on welfare benefits entitlement and making tenants aware of support services available.
- To support the Income Team Manager in the delivery of service reviews and change projects.
Please refer to the attached job description to find out more... What's in it for you?
- Practical experience of using Landlord and Tenant legislation and best practice.
- Experience of working effectively in a target driven operational environment.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Solid experience within a customer service environment working for a Housing Association or other public service organisation, in a capacity which involved face to face interaction with customers, resolving difficult issues.
- Good knowledge of housing law and court processes such as pre-court protocol.
- A sound knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation and best practice.
We recognise that people are at the heart of our business and that success is dependant on enthusiastic and committed colleagues. We make sure they feel supported and encourage a culture of opportunity and learning to enable colleagues to fulfil their potential and make a real difference to people's lives every day.
In return, we reward our staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent discretionary range of employee benefits some of which include:
& much more! Check out our handy benefits flyer to see what else we can offer you!Do you care about the same things we do?
- 26 days annual leave entitlement per annum plus bank holidays (pro rated for part time roles). With the possibility for colleagues to buy or sell a maximum of 35 hours in annual leave year subject to certain conditions
- Access to the Simply Health Cash plan scheme for discounted optical, dental and health care bills
- Perkbox Rewards - Big discounts on high Street shops, cinemas, airport parking and hotels, savings with Apple, free coffee at Caffe Nero each month, download a free film each month and more!
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives such as fitness classes, walking clubs, meditation sessions and more
- Travel to work perks such as Bike2Work Scheme, allowing you to purchase a bike under salary sacrifice & 0% Season ticket loans for bus and train tickets
- Upon successful to completion of your probationary period, we offer our colleagues an interest free loan of up to £5,000 to assist with general living costs
We have three values we work by. When we meet, we'll need you to show us how they are important to you too.
We always do the right thing: We offer the best quality service that we can.
We're there when you need us: We listen and take action ensuring we deliver on our promises.
We never give up: We are courageous in our pursuit of growth to provide more quality affordable homes.Our EDI Policy:
At PA Housing, communities are at the heart of everything we do. We know how important it is to be representative of our customers and the communities we serve, and we have always committed to creating an inclusive approach to our recruitment process to ensure that we are hiring from a diverse talent pool of people. We're an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from any individual who has the relevant skills and experience for the role, inclusive of any protected characteristics such as gender identity, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation and age.
At PA Housing, we pride ourselves in being a disability confident employer and support our applicants with any additional adjustments they may require during their application process. We take a flexible approach to working, and support part-time hours, job shares, where possible and provide a salary sacrifice option for childcare vouchers.
As part of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, actively hiring women into this role is one our objectives to increase and promote diversity at PA Housing. If you have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please apply on our recruitment portal via our company website.
Equality, diversity and inclusion | PA HousingSo who are we?
PA Housing is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property - it's about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 24,000 homes and employ 600 plus staff to provide a high standard of service to our householders.
Our success and our plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff members. Every one of our employees help to make a difference to the lives of our residents and other local people, and we look after our team members well.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
We're happy to consider flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
AGENCIES: We know where you are if we need your support so please do not contact us.
To apply for this role please click on the apply button or for any enquiries please email [email protected]