HSEW Advisor - London (Wimbledon, Stratford, Euston)
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company? A company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does. Do you want to work for a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK? Then come and join Siemens Mobility - Rolling Stock.
Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock are recruiting for a Health, Safety, Environmental and Wellbeing (HSEW) Advisor to be based in London to cover sites around London locations include Wimbledon, Stratford and Euston. The HSEW Advisor will be responsible to champion, facilitate and support the effective and proportionate management of health, safety and environmental risk in every area of the Siemens Rolling Stock Business.
In this position you will act as an expert adviser and a critical friend to staff and management, and collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing function to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in the pursuit of excellence. What are my Responsibilities?
What Qualifications and Experience do I need?
- Provide advice on legislation, policies, procedures and best practice in relation to health, safety and environmental protection.
- Undertake assurance activity and support development of KPI data
- Coordinate delivery of company and local plans for continual improvement in health, safety and environmental performance
- Support effective risk management and the ongoing development of risk control strategies to enable business activities
- Take part in incident investigation, evaluation and follow up to support continual improvement
- Attend and contribute to operational and functional meetings to provide advice and support on HSEW matters as required
- Liaise with external parties, including contractors, customers and regulators to provide advice and support on HSEW matters as required
- Support contractor selection as required
- Champion, support and advise on risk management in every area of the business
- Support development of risk assessments and working instructions
- Monitor implementation of agreed risk control measures and provide coaching and advice to support best practice
- Identify and action areas for improvement
- Liaise with the HSEW function to support consistency in risk management approaches across the business
- Actively demonstrate commitment and adherence to the Siemens zero harm principles and 4 steps process
- Actively participate in activity in pursuit of sustainability and environmental protection. Support and champion the zero-harm principle and lead implementation of cultural initiatives to promote effective management of HSEW risk and to promote continual improvement
- Develop and deliver briefings, and guidance material as required to inform stakeholders on HSEW matters and support development of a positive culture
- Collate and forward suggestions for improvement
- Coordinate and oversee the site induction process
- Undertake continuing professional development to continually update technical knowledge, specialist skill and non-technical skills
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility - Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team (or virtual team) and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Engage with HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one's own acts or omissions.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and 'Tell Us' ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
- NEBOSH General Cert
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent Qualification) Not essential
- Environmental Management Certificate
- Internal auditor qualification (environment, health and safety or quality)
- Track Safety / Passport competence relevant to role (PTS / ICI).
- Ideally have working knowledge of both rail and engineering interfaces and practices
- Relevant industry and professional experience with EHS
- Good understand of Quality processes, standards and improvement techniques.
- Experience in accident investigation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Coaching & collaboration skills.
We're Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow. Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application. What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. Organization:
Siemens Mobility LimitedExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: