Posted on August 6, 2019
Term: Contract Duration: 2 years Reports to: Accounts Supervisor, Assistant Accounts Supervisor - Scotland Practice group: Accounts Location: Glasgow Purpose of role
We have an opportunity for an experienced accounts professional to join us on a 2 year, Fixed Term Contract basis. This is a full time position, based in our Glasgow office on George Square. Working within a team, you'll provide support to the Scottish offices in the control and management of Work In Progress (WIP), including regular communication with Partners and fee earners. The Revenue Controller will also liaise closely with the billing team in Warsaw, ensuring all invoices are raised as per instructions in a timely manner. The Revenue Controller will participate in the preparation and checking of multi-matter bills.
On a day to day basis, you'll be involved in the following:
Work In Progress (WIP) Control
- Conduct regular meetings with Partners to ascertain when transactions will complete, the levels of fees expected, and the anticipated bill date and client billing requirements - taking any action required to facilitate the billing process
- Update the monthly billing forecast
- Monitor and reduce aged WIP, in line with the lock up day budget
- Liaise closely with the billing team in Warsaw ensuring that all details correspond with Partners' and client instructions
- Processing multi-matter bills (Plot Sales and Debt Recovery) and quarterly Private Client bills for trusts.
- Liaise with Partners and the Accounts Supervisor with regard to special billing arrangements
- Set up and monitor clients who require e-billing. Ensure correct procedures are followed so that invoices are accepted via e-billing and liaising with the UK E-Billing Coordinator
- Ensure files and clients have had the correct rates set
- Chase Departmental missing and uncompleted time, and deal with time recording queries
- Meet with the Accounts Supervisor to discuss the current position and anticipated progress within the relevant Department, as and when required
- Liaise with the relevant Credit Controller for each Department
- Provide general assistance to the Accounts Supervisor / Assistant Accounts Supervisor and UK Revenue Manager with ad hoc project work, as and when required
- Comply with the firm's policies and any other legal obligations, and effectively manage risks to the firm where those risks relate to this role
Required experience, skills and attributes
Ideally, we're looking for the following:
- Good knowledge and understanding of Work in Progress management would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a law firm (or similar) is desirable but not essential
- Possesses the confidence to deal effectively with Partners, senior stakeholders and various teams around the world
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
- Knowledge of the Elite accounts system, and of e-billing systems, would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Solicitors' Accounts Rules, and VAT
- Flexible and prepared to work additional hours at month, quarter and year ends Personal skills / attributes
- Able to make decisions and remain calm while under pressure - particularly when dealing with difficult situations
- Proactive with a "can-do" attitude in all areas, with a strong sense of self-motivation.
- Understands the need for documentation and well-defined procedures
Interested in this role? Please click .
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities. In light of our recent combination, Mandarin language fluency would be particularly advantageous given that China is now core to our strategy.
Dentons is the world's first polycentric global law firm. A top 20 firm on the Acritas 2015 Global Elite Brand Index, the Firm is committed to challenging the status quo in delivering consistent and uncompromising quality and value in new and inventive ways. Driven to provide clients a competitive edge, and connected to the communities where its clients want to do business, Dentons knows that understanding local cultures is crucial to successfully completing a deal, resolving a dispute or solving a business challenge. Now the world's largest law firm, Dentons' global team builds agile, tailored solutions to meet the local, national and global needs of private and public clients of any size in more than 125 locations serving 50-plus countries. www.dentons.com .
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.