The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarises, plans and forecasts the organisation's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings.
FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review. Team Profile
The team EMEA FID FP&A team is part of the Fixed Income Controller Group. The immediate team consists of 4 persons in London with a deployed team in Budapest supporting the report production aspects of the role. The teamâ€™s overall role is to provide financial analysis and business performance metrics to support senior management decision making.
The encompasses business units revenue, expenses and profitability, client revenues and sales performance metrics; business units funding analysis and capital overview; and designing and developing management reports to evaluate business performance and support clients and strategy. Primary responsibilities
The role has standard daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly deliverables, however, the bulk of the role will be significant amount of adhoc queries.
The role covers:
- Producing a business unit funding overview for senior management with explanation of variance to budget
- Providing a monthly capital overview: Risk weighted assets (RWA) and
- Leverage by business unit
- On-going review of capital optimisation by reviewing current allocations and processes
- Review, analysis and provide commentary for daily, weekly and monthly packs for business heads about sales performance and revenues
- Global and regional profitability analysis for Fixed Income Division business units, including review and commentary of the business packs analysis expenses, revenues and other performance metrics
- Build strong relationship with the business unit; collaborate across business, IT, product control and operations to drive solutions
- Ad hoc queries and projects such as a scenario analysis and deep dive reviews of funding; new trade analysis and challenging current processes
â€¢ Educated to degree level, preferably qualified accountant
â€¢ Sound numeric skills and accuracy
â€¢ Attention to detail and accuracy
â€¢ Strong written and verbal communication skills
â€¢ High self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
â€¢ Ability to partner and work effectively both with direct team members and with colleagues across the wider organisation
â€¢ Strong planning and prioritisation skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders
â€¢ Proficient in MS Office, specifically a strong command in Excel and PowerPoint
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a
broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.