Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Go Gousto!Finance Manager
Our Menu tribe is at the heart of everything at Gousto. From designing and sourcing our delicious recipes to building incredible platforms for our customers to access them, the team has a crucial role and Finance is a key part of this.
An opportunity has arisen for an established Finance Manager to join our growing Finance team for the Menu tribe. Sitting side-by-side with our Buying team, the Finance Manager will be the go-to contact for the team, driving value-adding analysis to help Gousto mitigate inflationary pressures on ingredient and packaging costs. Through tracking commodity movements and assessing supplier financial health, this role will also be critical in preparing for successful negotiations. This, alongside measuring internal effectiveness through the analysis of PPV, makes the role a very exciting opportunity to drive visible value at the entry point of our menu journey.
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrable experience of understanding PPV, standard costing and external commodity pricing, and you are adept at building complex financial models to support this. Previous experience in supporting buying or procurement teams will be beneficial, though not essential; If you have experience of supporting the business commercially and are obsessed with driving financial savings then equally we would love to see your CV!
This is a pivotal role that will directly affect our Menu and Menu Tribe, therefore you must be comfortable with challenging external suppliers and stakeholders. Core Responsibilities:
Requirements Who you are:
- Be the go-to person for the Buying Team for all Financial requirements
- Track and report commodity risks across all buying categories, challenging internal prices and forecasts to ensure Gousto is performing appropriately according to market factors
- Own the PPV review process and ensure delivery against savings targets
- Deconstruct price inflation to report on and challenge the Buying team's efficiency vs. market prices
- Assess supplier financial positions and model scenarios to ensure the Buying team are always able to negotiate from a position of strength
- Take the lead on Menu-driven cross-functional initiatives to understand net profitability
- Prepare the quarterly forecast and annual budget for ingredient and packaging cost prices
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Experience in similar finance roles supporting the business commercially or buying / procurement teams
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to succinctly summarise complex financial information in an easy-to-understand manner for stakeholders of any level / function
- Self-starter, with a real bias for action
- Curious and proactive. We seek to understand problems deeply and are proactive and fast in anticipating future needs (business and customers). Speed and clarity matter!
- Tremendously ambitious: Think big. The opportunity is what you decide to make it. We want brave individuals who question "how can we?" and inspire the rest of the business to do the same
- Strong commercial and analytical mindset, which supports you in prioritising your work, as well as prioritising what's right for our customers
- Resilience. We want a confident individual that pushes through in the toughest of times. Reflection, resistance and purpose is what will move you and the team forward
- The "go to" person when it comes to solving complex problems in the simplest way possible