Job Description:Corporate Title:
BromleyLine of Business:
Global Technology & Operations
Are you an experienced, dedicated Tech professional? Ready to take the next step in your career?
We are currently seeking a Technical Project Lead (Feature Lead Technology) to join our team in Bromley.
You will provide technical and functional leadership for assigned projects executed in the midrange space; provide concept estimates, be involved in the early stages of projects leading the design and give guidance to the technical resources during the execution phase. You will work closely with the Application manager, SMEs and Business throughout the project lifecycle.
This role will also have a hands-on aspect and you will be expected where required to roll up your sleeves and get involved in the planning and execution stages. This is a role for a true all-rounder who is inquisitive and has a voracious desire to learn more.5 reasons to join us:1. Opportunity to develop your career:
The role offers challenging work, great development opportunities and exposure to numerous treasury and payments applications and their complex infrastructures.2. Great learning opportunities:
Continuous learning is a key focus area for the team. There are numerous technical and management training programs, e-courses and class room sessions which provide excellent opportunity to broaden your technical and soft skills.3. Opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across the world:
The department has applications, colleagues and customers that are global in their presence. The role provides a unique opportunity to work with people in multiple locations on platforms that support multi-national processing capabilities.4. Great work culture:
The team provides an open and transparent work environment, based on strong ethics, values and an emphasis on a good work-life balance.5. Awards and Recognition:
The role provides an opportunity to use all your resources and talents to reach your potential and reward your achievements. Recognition is part of the culture and everyone takes pride in their colleague's achievements as much as theirs.Growth and development opportunities in the role and team:
The role will give exposure to numerous applications and technologies in the midrange space covering a multitude of business uses. The types of changes will be varied, from regulatory and compliance initiatives to technical upgrades. You will have opportunity to broaden your knowledge on these platforms and grow in your technical career path.What we offer:
A unique and rare opportunity to work on global platforms which have global customers as well as an opportunity to work in major business transformation program, working with colleagues across the globe.What will your key responsibilities include?
What skills and competencies will you ideally possess?Critical Skills:
- Technical Leadership of projects
- Work in partnership with regional development and testing resources as appropriate, communication with infrastructure counterparts and the business product partners
- Interpretation of Business Requirements into design solutions
- Development of solutions, using Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- Review and QA of Coding, Unit Testing, Component Integration Testing and E2E
- Estimation for the design and development of changes
- Creation/updating of system functional and reference documentation
- Ensuring timeliness and quality of deliverables
- Regular status reporting to Senior Management
Nice to have:
- Extensive midrange development experience - .Net / JAVA / Linux / Windows / Autosys technical analysis and development skills
- Technical project management / leadership - experience with Agile / SCRUM / Waterfall Programming project methodologies
- Experience in working with colleagues in other locations
- Experience working in technical areas where there may be little direction / support from others
- Can work in a demanding, high-energy environment, juggle multiple projects, use own initiative and motivation to meet deadlines and set priorities without close supervision
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical. You will be enthusiastic, flexible, and results driven
- Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills. Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider teams in team meetings
- Can remain calm under pressure
Competencies:Takes independent action to complete assignments and make a meaningful contribution to work:
- Experience working with vendors and integrating vendor owned code into banking environment
- Experience in using software configuration management systems.
- Experience in the Banking domain, particularly Treasury and Payments
Clearly conveys information and ideas to others:
- Recognises tasks that needs to be completed and completes them with minimal supervision or oversight
- Seeks out additional assignments or tasks
- Assists colleagues willingly
- Openly discusses problems with management and makes recommendations to improve work procedures
Applies analytical skills to business problems:
- Listens actively and correctly interprets messages from others
- Communicates in a clear and logical manner, focusing on key points
- Adapts communication to suit the audience
- Seeks input from others and checks to ensure understanding
Partners with clients to improve the effectiveness of strategy, process, people or operations:
- Demonstrates ability to use both qualitative and quantitative data
- Gathers comprehensive data and facts about an issue
- Takes a systematic approach to analysing information/data in order to draw accurate conclusions
- Uses analytical tools and processes to understand data and explore issues
Bank of America:
- Contracts and sets clear expectations with clients about project goals, roles, resources, costs, etc.
- Develops and recommends objective, effective strategies and solutions to address customer/client needs and issues
- Engages the client frequently to get feedback on progress and make needed course corrections
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks , a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here .
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment. Job Band:
H5Shift:Hours Per Week:
35Weekly Schedule:Referral Bonus Amount: